Central air vents

oowee

I noticed something in the bottom of the central air vent. Fished it out and discoveredd the back half of the adjuster knob. Looks like the front and the back of the knob sandwich the front of the vent allowing direction to be selected.
How do I remove the central vent panel to access the rear of the vents and effect a repair?

I noticed something in the bottom of the central air vent. Fished it out and discoveredd the back half of the adjuster knob. Looks like the front and the back of the knob sandwich the front of the vent allowing direction to be selected.
How do I remove the central vent panel to access the rear of the vents and effect a repair?
I am only familiar with the side vents and if the twin central vents are the same you don't gain any real access by removal; access is from the front through the horizontal louvres. One at a time brutally bend, say using suitably protected pliers to avoid scratches, each horizontal louvre up in the middle, which will allow enough play to unhook from the one end of the vent side 'ladder' - it will then come out. You only need to remove a few for access.

Not exactly clear what bit you fished out and what you need to do, a picture would assist.

I wrote a verbose post once with pictures I can fish out if you think it will be any help, but as I said for a side vent.

Andy

Back