Central Locking problem

diycoop

Hope someone can shed some light for me. We purchased an A2 a week ago and when we went to go out last night the front Passenger door would not open from the outside, I opened it from the inside by pulling the handle twice but now the Door won't lock at all with the central locking.
Someone has suggested that a rod may have come off and the door will need stripping down :(
Wondered if anyone had any other suggestions or if this does need to be done does anyone know if this is something we can do or we will we need to take it in to a garage . Hope someone can help. Thanks

Hope someone can shed some light for me. We purchased an A2 a week ago and when we went to go out last night the front Passenger door would not open from the outside, I opened it from the inside by pulling the handle twice but now the Door won't lock at all with the central locking.
Someone has suggested that a rod may have come off and the door will need stripping down :(
Wondered if anyone had any other suggestions or if this does need to be done does anyone know if this is something we can do or we will we need to take it in to a garage . Hope someone can help. Thanks

no.

Start from the beginning: Can you lock the door from the driver's? You will NEED to get the car scanned as only that way can you really tell which of the potential issues (microswitch, KSG, door "brain") it is.

Can you still drop the window and raise it again? If so, it's probably the microswitch.
Cheap thing to test: take the battery off for 10 minutes - maybe more - and then reconnect. It's possible that the door brain has disconnected itself from the internal network, but this won't help if it's the microswitch.

Grim reeper did his microswitch a while back, it is a DIY job if you have a certain amount of tools and a couple of hours.

Bret

Thanks Bret Problem solved. Window didnt work either so disconnected battery for 10 minutes and hey presto all works again fine. Fingers crossed it will stay that way but atleast we know what to do if it happens again.
Many Thanks again for saving us the expense of taking it in to the garage they were ready to strip the door down.

Lisa

Back