Champions League Final

mjsbrabus

A2OC Donor
Can anyone convince me that was a game of football last night?
22 vastly overpaid prima donnas showing less talent than the average Sunday League team.
Apparently they think it is only the result that counts.
Newsflash prima donnas!! You are actually in the entertainment business. People (apparently) paid thousands of euros for a ticket .....,.

I will concur that it was a disappointing game of football, especially given the magnitude of the occasion. I also share your thoughts on the obscene costs and the unfair inflation tactics employed by ticket touts, hotels and the like - which I hear were ten times normal pricing in some circumstances.

As a life-long LFC fan, I will say that the work ethic the reds employed during the course of the season, in addition to the nerves and heat, no doubt played a part. Yes, I get they had 3 weeks off, but there are many reasons why the game didn't deliver - both sides knowing each other so well too.

So, yes, to me the result does matter. To have earned 97 point in the league and to fail to secure the title, then to fall at the final hurdle in the Champions League after the performance against the likes of Barcelona (2nd leg), would have hurt.

That is an impossible arguement. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't I will agree however that Most players at that level of football are vastly overpaid. You have to say Congrats on two English teams reaching the final.

Talking of ticket touts that annoys the hell out of me especially going to see your favourite bands for instance. I can remember going to see lots of bands in the 80's for less than twenty quid. Last time I went to see Coldplay for instance it cost me a weeks wages lol.

I am sure that if like Darren you are a Liverpool fan then no matter how bad the game was the result makes up for the disappointment of missing out on the Premier League title.

But to a neutral and to anyone who appreciates good football - it was, frankly, rubbish - from both sides.
Commentators were blaming the heat. But these players are athletes and many of them hail from countries that enjoy a warmer / hot climate anyway.

Anyhow, yesterday I had the good fortune to view the Wawrinka v Tsitsipas tennis match in the French Open. Those two guys showed how you can give everything and entertain in 30 degree heat.

Wooly A2 - agree with you about bands - but they would argue that touring is the only way they can make money these days as the likes of Spotify / Youtube have destroyed hard copy music sales.

Back