charcoal filter arrow? which way?

m70wse

please help me
removed inline charcoal cannister/filter by mistake thinking it was fuel filter, not sure which way around it was.
either the arrow pointing towards the top of the engine or where it goes (not sure but goes into the drivers side front inner wing). any help would be great with this reguards dave

please help me
removed inline charcoal cannister/filter by mistake thinking it was fuel filter, not sure which way around it was.
either the arrow pointing towards the top of the engine or where it goes (not sure but goes into the drivers side front inner wing). any help would be great with this reguards dave

This is all I could find on the FSi charcoal filter but it does not really match your description.

Cheers Spike

item10l.png
[/IMG]

Think item 10 is what your on about, does image help.

Alan

thankyou for your reply' spike and alana2.

yes that is the item no.10 has arrow on it, i had removed it thinking it was the fuel filter as i am trying to get my car into a great condition, just changed plugs, air & pollen & front tyres. lots more to do.

can anybody advise which way the arrow should point? reguards david

on changing the sparks plugs last sunday found 4 coils, 2 was bosch, 1 was vw, and one unamed, luckily i bought a spare bosch last week of ebay, they all worked fine until i pulled the unamed one out which fell apart and left the rubber/half metal stuck around the plug, i did panick and rush to bnq for some long nose pliers. my advise is dont buy cheap coils. reguards dave

hi spike, alana2 has found the correct item, thanks for the reply. it is item 10 dont know if i had got the correct description but yes it does have a arow and still confused which way it should point any 1.6 fsi owners who could help me would be great. reguards dave

hi spike, alana2 has found the correct item, thanks for the reply. it is item 10 dont know if i had got the correct description but yes it does have a arow and still confused which way it should point any 1.6 fsi owners who could help me would be great. reguards dave

Hi Dave
Item 10 is called a Damper (reservoir to reduce airflow pulsation effect)
I can't find anything on its installation so you may get a better response from the FSi owners if you post pics showing its position on the car and a detail shot of the canister with the direction arrow.

Cheers Spike

many thanks spike

Hi Dave
Item 10 is called a Damper (reservoir to reduce airflow pulsation effect)
I can't find anything on its installation so you may get a better response from the FSi owners if you post pics showing its position on the car and a detail shot of the canister with the direction arrow.

Cheers Spike

many thanks spike, i'll try and do that later on, reguards dave.

I will keep an eye on this thread, as I can always try and find out for you by looking under my A2's bonnet. ;)

Do these dampers/filters/regulators or whatever there technical name is require replacing over a certain amount of time (much like other filters) or are they good for life?

Back