cheap misfueling device

martin 54

A2OC Donor
just found on e bay some fuel angels 4 left they will fit the A2, part no MPD - 002
i have just bought one for £8.50 + £2.50 p&p, i made offer of £8.00 they came back with £8.50,
tc harrison derby have them, e bay number 200 669 849 687,
normal price is £34.90 + £5.05 pxp, i fitted one to our polo a few months ago it does what it says on the box.

martin

Good find, just made him an offer, :)

update.
8.50 offer excepted, 2.50 postage=£11.00. how do you know it fits?? (shaould have asked that first eh..............doh!!!!

Last edited:
Mine came this morning, strange thing is, I cant wait to shove some diesel in to try it out. Never thought I would ever say that unless I was running out of fuel :)

Hi all i looked at this unit with interest as i now have tdi and an fsi a2. The only point i wasn't sure about was that when the inner piece is screwed into position-surely this must open the release valve? allowing the tank to be "over filled" can any body that has got one confirm this? cheers mike

Not sure what you mean regarding the valve thingy, only had my TDI for a week and a bit but will be due for a fill up sometime soon

Not sure what you mean regarding the valve thingy, only had my TDI for a week and a bit but will be due for a fill up sometime soon

The release valve is a little bit inside the fuel filler pipe, on the right hand side. It's designed to be opened when you screw the filler cap back on. If you hear about people talking about 'venting & brimming' their tanks this is what they're talking about (i.e., holding the valve open so that you can get more fuel into the tank).

Ahhhhh, Cheers, not sure if it has pressed the valve, I will upload a picture of the fuel angle so you can make up your own mind if it will actuate the valve when in place.

100_3794.jpg

100_3793.jpg

100_3792.jpg

not sure if these pics will help

Pictures show the cap as yellow, its not, its orange.

100_3796.jpg

100_3795.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... Well, it'd certainly be hiding the valve, I suspect it may be holding the valve shut rather than open. If so it might be a problem during summer if the air in the expansion chamber can't escape.

Perhaps it’s because I’ve had an unhealthy interest in cars from the day I was born, but I have never misfueled any car to date – touch wood.

A short report on this device, crap!!! , unless I am using it wrong, attempted to fill up yesterday at a Sainsburys garage near me and the diesel nozzle wouldnt go in at all.

Are you sure it was diesel lol ! I don't think I will be using the one I bought just put it down as a £12 loss

you got me wondering for a moment there but then realised it was diesel cuz i just took out the fuel angel and shoved the same pump in the tank. lol

just messaged derby parts are whatever they are called and explained the problem, lets see what happens, im not chucking £11 away :(

Back