Chip tuning of A2 3L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaro

Hello,

I am playing with the idea to make chip tuning on my 1.2 Tdi. I have seen one for sale with 90pk, which is 50% increase of power!

I do realize that Audi engineers tried to make this cas as efficient as possible and trying to improve it might be wrong idea.
However I am still tempted.

Any opinions? Did someone chipped his 3L? How did it influence consumption?
Any technical problems after chip tuning?
How does eco mode work?

I’m pretty sure @Audi A2 3L has done something similar but retained ECO map as well. He’s not that much of a regular visitor here though so a reply may take a while.

Personally not something I’d dream of doing to my 1.2 because going quickly isn’t what that car is for but each to their own.

I am playing with the idea to make chip tuning on my 1.2 Tdi. I have seen one for sale with 90pk, which is 50% increase of power!
Hi Jaro, I think 50% power increase from chip tuning on own it's nearly impossible.
Mostly due the engine parts probably couldn't take the extra pressure for long, also what the ccu would do when it's told to send ~50% more fuel than normal, plus the airbox probably isn't designed to handle such increased airflow, plus over heating issues on many external and internal parts, etc. Usually chip tuning might give +5-8%, but that's already pushing it and few parts might need modifications, like the ccu too.

As stated above, tuning can be done, but you gotta do proper research and don't expect more than a few hp increase, unless you ready to pay a lot of money for it. Chip tuning sounds good, but it's doesn't really work as most probably would expect it.
If you wanna go for higher hp, the 1.6fsi or tdi90 are better options, but then of course still many things need to be considered either way.

Hi Jaro, I think 50% power increase from chip tuning on own it's nearly impossible.
Mostly due the engine parts probably couldn't take the extra pressure for long, also what the ccu would do when it's told to send ~50% more fuel than normal, plus the airbox probably isn't designed to handle such increased airflow, plus over heating issues on many external and internal parts, etc. Usually chip tuning might give +5-8%, but that's already pushing it and few parts might need modifications, like the ccu too.

As stated above, tuning can be done, but you gotta do proper research and don't expect more than a few hp increase, unless you ready to pay a lot of money for it. Chip tuning sounds good, but it's doesn't really work as most probably would expect it.
If you wanna go for higher hp, the 1.6fsi or tdi90 are better options, but then of course still many things need to be considered either way.
I had assumed by ‘chip tuned’ the OP was talking about a remapped ECU. Anything less would be a total waste of time and even a remap is of course not for everyone due the risks, perceived or otherwise, involved.

And of course, we don't encourage discussions on remaps, chips or software solutions on these pages, so I think the thread has probably run it's course now.

Perhaps a PM to the member mentioned in post 3 would be best way to proceed by the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back