Chorus----------concert

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Hi lads.
Is it possible to do a straight swap plug and play? Chorus below for the Concert bottom pic?

Cheers.

No, is the answer I'm afraid. The first is pre can bus, the second is post.

You can get a converter for this (CanBus emulator) from memory they're about £20.

I swapped my one like yours for the tape concert also in a y reg pre can bus car. I did not yet get the emulator, but the stereo does work.. But does not turn on with the ignition, does not illuminate with the lights, but does play and the digital display on the stereo works just fine it's just the buttons that don't illuminate... The can bus emulator I believe would fix the things that dont work

Ilumination can be fixed without emulator.

Changed my original Chorus with faulty volume knob (no can)for a later Can Bus unit, Just extended the Can network from the back of the A/C panel to the radio and altered the adaption channel in the dash for the convenience Can to except the new unit .
All seems to work OK,on/ off with ignition and illumination.Can bus can be picked up from back of dash if no A/C .

so .. i have a 2001 a2. no canbus + audi concert.
i understant that is a metod to put that wire on pin 8+6.
do you know another way ?

As a note my Concert had a very dodgy volume control, it would turn down when I tried to turn up, a quick squirt with contact cleaner sorted that and has worked perfectly since.

I have a Concert that does this - can I ask whereabouts you squirted the cleaner fluid? Do you take the knob off to do this?

Used the WD-40 brand of contact cleaner that came with a straw attached, and just sprayed around the knob whilst holding a cloth underneath. 30sc job, been good for 4 or 5 weeks now.

Back