Clicking noise coming climate panel

thestable

I’ve been out in the car and some noise has been bothering me since I first picked her up.

There is a clicking noise which appears to be coming from the climate panel area. It sounds almost like a cd trying to load or some sort of sensor hunting for something.

It’s very faint but it’s driving me mental. I know it’s not the CD player because I’ve ripped out the old one to be soon replaced with a 3rd party unit.

Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same strange noise from the same place and have no idea what it is! Could be the heater unit but without removing the dash can't be sure.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have the same strange noise from the same place and have no idea what it is! Could be the heater unit but without removing the dash can't be sure.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

As has been stated this is almost certainly the heater flaps adjusting themselves.

Worth cycling the flaps for a while by operating all buttons Up / down, hot /cold etc. (If you don't have VCDS that is)

Steve B

Plus one for me too. I put it on YouTube! I get a VCDS fault for some of the flaps (V62 maybe?) and periodic gusting air movements along with the clicking.
I've done the button cycling periodically but never changed much. I was considering pulling the air con fuse to see if the noise stopped to definitively identify the source.
A VAGCOM adaptation of the flaps is on my 'todo' when I get time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems to be the time of year to put strain on the flap motor!

Btw not convinced fuse 36 will do much different to turning the unit off from the front..

Back