Clutch woes

robrace

Had new clutch fitted 2 months ago to wife’s 1.4 petrol A2.Done very little mileage since.but still having problems with clutch failing to disengage!Got stuck at lights again today!wouldn’t go into gear,switched engine off put into gear and started up and pulled away.clutch dragging.95% of time no problem but wife is now scared to drive it.Garage who fitted clutch have said to take it back which I will do next week.My thinking is either clutch needs bleeding,faulty master or slave cylinder!Because it only happens now and again it will be difficult to analyse but wondering as price of slave cylinder is reasonable it would be worth having a new fitted first.Bearing in mind vehicle now 19 years old!

Had new clutch fitted 2 months ago to wife’s 1.4 petrol A2.Done very little mileage since.but still having problems with clutch failing to disengage!Got stuck at lights again today!wouldn’t go into gear,switched engine off put into gear and started up and pulled away.clutch dragging.95% of time no problem but wife is now scared to drive it.Garage who fitted clutch have said to take it back which I will do next week.My thinking is either clutch needs bleeding,faulty master or slave cylinder!Because it only happens now and again it will be difficult to analyse but wondering as price of slave cylinder is reasonable it would be worth having a new fitted first.Bearing in mind vehicle now 19 years old!
Hi robrace,
Did they change the bearing guide sleeve when they did it?
Hth
Keith

Check your Clutch Master Cylinder above the Pedal. If you see signs of fluid; dampness WILL lead to a drip that you will see on the plastic trim around the Pedal Box.

At this point, you've got to make a decision about replacement. Sooner rather than later.

I've been here myself...

Hi robrace,
Did they change the bearing guide sleeve when they did it?
Hth
Keith
Don’t know!! Taking car back to guy who did the work .He is a local and has a good reputation.MOT,t the car when he fitted new clutch and said he had never seen one in such good condition.Like new was his comment !

Back