Coil pack wiring

Daakk

Hello all,

once again I call upon your superpowers to help me answer a question about my 1.6 fsi please

some of the harness connections that plug into the coil packs are damaged and need replacement.

can anyone tell me where I can find the parts and is this doable myself.

thanks in advance ?

Yes Mac's video shows what to do and tools, from memory it is the 2.8/3mm extractor you need, available from eBay or elsewhere, your choice is cheap Chinese or something better. Be wary of buying a set with multiple tools you will never use most of them, I bought the Chinese yellow handle one, but took two weeks to arrive at the height of covid.

The guys make it look easy removing pins, probably had better tools and loosened by rehearsal. I found it frustrating, one took two hours, the next one 20 seconds, serves me right for buying cheap I suppose, but on average a few minutes each pin.

For connectors I would consider genuine Audi, 4 purportedly genuine in the following ebay list but there is always Crewe Audi on here. Alternatively cheap Chinese again, just discard any terminal/tails.

Andy

Yes Mac's video shows what to do and tools, from memory it is the 2.8/3mm extractor you need, available from eBay or elsewhere, your choice is cheap Chinese or something better. Be wary of buying a set with multiple tools you will never use most of them, I bought the Chinese yellow handle one, but took two weeks to arrive at the height of covid.

The guys make it look easy removing pins, probably had better tools and loosened by rehearsal. I found it frustrating, one took two hours, the next one 20 seconds, serves me right for buying cheap I suppose, but on average a few minutes each pin.

For connectors I would consider genuine Audi, 4 purportedly genuine in the following ebay list but there is always Crewe Audi on here. Alternatively cheap Chinese again, just discard any terminal/tails.

Andy
I did the same job on my TT last year. I bought the tool (Laser) from Amazon, and the connector shells from Audi. I used a tiny smidge of silicone grease to ease the pins into the new shell. I emphasise, a tiny amount around the rubber seal entry. Watched the video several times, and the job went well. It might help to list the steps, as a prompt. Good luck.
Mac.

I did the same job on my TT last year. I bought the tool (Laser) from Amazon, and the connector shells from Audi. I used a tiny smidge of silicone grease to ease the pins into the new shell. I emphasise, a tiny amount around the rubber seal entry. Watched the video several times, and the job went well. It might help to list the steps, as a prompt. Good luck.
Mac.
Here's the tool I used:
IMG_20200712_105306.jpg
Mac.

Back