Collected at the weekend :)

mjw111

Hello,

I lurked around the forum for a bit while looking for an A2 and picked up some useful insight. We collected 'Barrow' from the Lake District at the weekend and brought him safely home to Scotland over the Kirkstone Pass and up the motorway so he's already proved himself a trusty companion!

It's a 53 TDI75, 90k miles, full history and all the paperwork from the previous couple of owners.

Going to be a second car which we haven't had in a while, and an addition to the i3.

The official rubber mats have protected the carpets nicely, but I am doing away with them as the driver's has a heel hole in it. A spare passenger side available though if anyone wants it? I noticed in the forums they are hard to get now and was about to bin it.

Mike

It’s a great second car and complements the i3. There are several a2 owners that have either moved onto an i3 or also have an i3. Date I say it but I may be another. Welcome to the forum. Cheers mike

Hello,

I lurked around the forum for a bit while looking for an A2 and picked up some useful insight. We collected 'Barrow' from the Lake District at the weekend and brought him safely home to Scotland over the Kirkstone Pass and up the motorway so he's already proved himself a trusty companion!

It's a 53 TDI75, 90k miles, full history and all the paperwork from the previous couple of owners.

Going to be a second car which we haven't had in a while, and an addition to the i3.

The official rubber mats have protected the carpets nicely, but I am doing away with them as the driver's has a heel hole in it. A spare passenger side available though if anyone wants it? I noticed in the forums they are hard to get now and was about to bin it.

Mike
Certainly don't throw the passenger side rubber mat away. I fashioned a very good repair to my drivers side rubber mat which had a double heal hole. By cutting along the diamond pattern in the rubber mate and then cutting the same piece from a spare passenger side mate and then super gluing the repair piece into place and reinforcing the rear of the repair with cut open pieces of bike inner tube. The joint is totally invisible and makes up a perfect set of rubber mats which are no longer available.
Welcome along to what I can honestly say is the friendliest and most helpful car forum that I have ever been a member of.
Ask away with any questions
I assume your A2 came from Barrow with its name

Cheers
Paul (Depronman)

My thoughts too wrt the mats - I've been in touch with Mike about these earlier today so I think all being well they are both saved from the bin.
I have repaired a CRV one before by adding a healpad to the worn area, it is another option if you don't have a sacrificial OE mat to use, though I do realise not everyone likes a healpad aesthetically.
AFAIK, the rear rubber mats are still available to buy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome all. I’ve ordered some club stickers to get started.

you are quite right @depronman ;), although he’s Mr Barrow in full, for formal occassions.

Back