Colour Storm colours

laurie18

Found this photo online recently. What colour is the A2 circled in yellow? Looks darker orange, with Papaya in the foreground, or is its just odd colour reproduction in the photo?

Attachments

• colour storm.jpg
    colour storm.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 182
Found this photo online recently. What colour is the A2 circled in yellow? Looks darker orange, with Papaya in the foreground, or is its just odd colour reproduction in the photo?
It's orange of some form but not sure exactly, I'm sure someone will be along to confirm it's actual colour.

That would be papaya orange, I only know of one that was in the uk and the was mrboons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening,

My expertise is certainly not at naming colours from pictures but I would say the A2 circled out is Papaya and the A2 in the foreground is Imola Yellow.

Some will be along shortly to confirm though.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening,

My expertise is certainly not at naming colours from pictures but I would say the A2 circlied out is Papaya and the A2 in the foreground is Imola Yellow.

Some will be along shortly to confirm though.

Kind regards,

Tom

Very much so Tom

I believe there was also a 5th colour available for the colour storm a silver colour storm am not sure if there is any in the uk or not?

@Malcyb has the only genuine silver Storm that I know of (although I have also seen another which AFAIK has been sprayed to look like that). It's also a TDI90 and probably the only UK car in that spec. On the continent there was also an almond-coloured Storm too, Google it and you'll find pictures. Not sure if that was a retro spray, an OEM one-off prototype or an actual option offered.

@Malcyb has the only genuine silver Storm that I know of (although I have also seen another which AFAIK has been sprayed to look like that). It's also a TDI90 and probably the only UK car in that spec. On the continent there was also an almond-coloured Storm too, Google it and you'll find pictures. Not sure if that was a retro spray, an OEM one-off prototype or an actual option offered.

I think there were 3 of them Ian, done as some sort of promo by Audi.

04AF7AD3-071D-4327-A8C1-16E3F2557B41.jpeg

You can see from the photos that the offside chassis leg has bent. Would have been a pretty heavy impact for that.

I can attest to the rarity of a silver storm, not just now but even when my father purchased it in 2004 he had decided he must have a silver storm and had enormous difficulty getting his Audi dealer to source one.

I can attest to the rarity of a silver storm, not just now but even when my father purchased it in 2004 he had decided he must have a silver storm and had enormous difficulty getting his Audi dealer to source one.

Why colour are the seats in a silver storm?

Why colour are the seats in a silver storm?

Any of the available CS Seats I suspect.
Have seen multiple on the web and in person with red CS seats, one with blue CS and one with standard black cloth (like an SE?).
No grey/silver CS cloth that I'm aware of, SE black was what you got when not checking the CS interior box on a custom order CS over here though I guess that may not have been possible in the UK?

It's funny the seats are the only thing I dislike on the Colour Storms but then again I do have a real hatred for two tone seats, I don't know why.

Strangely I do love the Platinum and Black two tone optional plastics in an A2 though.

Just me I guess ?

Thanks to all for the responses. That photo made the colour look more like Jaipur Red. As mine needs some cosmetic work at some point I had toyed with the idea of giving it the Colour Storm external styling.

Thanks to all for the responses. That photo made the colour look more like Jaipur Red. As mine needs some cosmetic work at some point I had toyed with the idea of giving it the Colour Storm external styling.
I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself but instead of black I'm going for silver, hopefully it comes out alright but if not it will only be wrap so not difficult to return to original look.

There is a silver Storm 1.6 FSI just come up for sale near me, just over the border in Germany & it has blue inserts.

I would be tempted by it if l didn't already have a Mauritius blue one, plus 3 other cars in my ownership at the moment !

Martin

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 179
Back