Comfort convenience unit

paulchelle

Hi there
New to this forum , I have Audi a2 and the keys won’t work ie open the doors remotely. I have had the keys tested and coded but it seems like the ccu is at fault is there anyone in the north Devon area that can repair them .Can’t seem to find a second hand one around part no 8z0 959433 E . I have seen posts on here where people have had it done many thanks

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
I have an AF CCCU here which is the preferred replacement as its more reliable. With yours being an E variant i'm assuming that you ahve electric rear windows?

paulchelle

I have an AF CCCU here which is the preferred replacement as its more reliable. With yours being an E variant i'm assuming that you ahve electric rear windows?
Hi Steve
Thanks for the reply ,yes I do is the AF a better option that will work
Regards
Paul

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
The AF is a much more reliable unit, but if you have electric rear windows that code will need to be switched on in the CCCU using vcds.

timmus

A2OC Donor
CCCUs are not plug-n-play; they need to be correctly configured for the recipient vehicle. I'm able to offer a CCCU replacement service by post, where the CCCU is pre-programmed for the specific car.

The AF-type CCCU that's being offered by @A2Steve can be programmed for all A2s. If it was to journey via my workshop, it can be made plug-and-play for @paulchelle's A2.

For anyone else reading this, either now or in the future, I also keep stocks of CCCUs. However, in this case, Steve has offered to supply the part, so I'm simply offering my programming service.

Cheers,

Tom

Edwrai

CCCUs are not plug-n-play; they need to be correctly configured for the recipient vehicle. I'm able to offer a CCCU replacement service by post, where the CCCU is pre-programmed for the specific car.

The AF-type CCCU that's being offered by @A2Steve can be programmed for all A2s. If it was to journey via my workshop, it can be made plug-and-play for @paulchelle's A2.

For anyone else reading this, either now or in the future, I also keep stocks of CCCUs. However, in this case, Steve has offered to supply the part, so I'm simply offering my programming service.

Cheers,

Tom
How does this work in relation to key fobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Tom I hate to think I’ve been offering the wrong advice all these years. I thought that if you had an AF CCCU car from a car with front electric windows (only) and fitted it to a car with front electric windows (only) using the fob button from the donar car that it would be plug and play? I haven’t had any issues doing so in the past!

Edwrai

Tom I hate to think I’ve been offering the wrong advice all these years. I thought that if you had an AF CCCU car from a car with front electric windows (only) and fitted it to a car with front electric windows (only) using the fob button from the donar car that it would be plug and play? I haven’t had any issues doing so in the past!
I believe this is the case from my limited experience with changing these, as I had to make programming changes to mine as it was a rear electric one. And the others I’ve done have been plug and play apart from programming the fobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proghound

Admin Team
If you can find one, AE's are pre-programmed for rear electric windows, but are otherwise identical to AF.