Concert on/off/volume - knob replacement

JonnyL

Hi,

I bought an A2 tdi before Christmas with missing black knob to the stereo. It still works fine by turning the metal rod but looks awful.

Is it possible to replace the knob from a broken unit or do I have to buy a full replacement unit?

Cheers jon

I bought 2 new ones from Audi. 16 quid memory serving. One of the parts guys might sell you a used one

Cheers Murdo.

Mate works as a technician at dealer so will ask him to get me one.

didn't realise they still stocked small parts like that.

Recently asked a dealer for the same thing and was told they are no longer available and that any A2 parts like this are now only available through the Audi Tradition website. These knobs are not on that site.
So if you actually have some luck though a dealer - please let me know.

I've got a dud symphony 2 here thatbi could salvage buttons from if no luck in the dealers.

Steve - all I am looking for is a replacement volume control knob for a Concert 2. Guess it is the same?

Hi All,

spoke to Lookers Audi Newcastle parts yesterday and they stated they don't stock the knobs just the whole unit now so forget that . So looking for a salvage unit/knob to fit to existing concert as per photo.

also Is my climate unit "hard touch" as its a 2004 model and need to replace the buttons?

Cheers Jon

Attachments

• february 2019 118.JPG
    february 2019 118.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 832
So you need to look to find another soft touch unit in good condition to match perfectly (difficult) or you can cheaply buy old A4 climate units off eBay and salvage the buttons to put in yours. There are guides on here that explain how to do it. Downside is the black of the hard touch buttons is slightly different which may or may not bother you.

Thanks for that.

My search goes on for a knob!

I never thought I would be writing that on a car forum!

if anyone else gas a broken unit i would be happy to pay for a volume knob.

Cheers jon
Yes, your lack of the volume control knob must be highly irritating, the rest of the Concert looks mint.

I suspect the Chorus head unit has the same volume control knob, but I have not got one to compare (comment anybody). If this is true there is an option on EBay, not cheap depends how irritated you are!, but that's the going rate.

The knobs just push on, (and pull off which is the root of the problem). Be careful to not press too hard or the knob will overly depress (common problem) and you will have to pull off and reassemble (fiddly) the three components and try again.

Climate refurb next!?

Andy

Yes, your lack of the volume control knob must be highly irritating, the rest of the Concert looks mint.

I suspect the Chorus head unit has the same volume control knob, but I have not got one to compare (comment anybody). If this is true there is an option on EBay, not cheap depends how irritated you are!, but that's the going rate.

The knobs just push on, (and pull off which is the root of the problem). Be careful to not press too hard or the knob will overly depress (common problem) and you will have to pull off and reassemble (fiddly) the three components and try again.

Climate refurb next!?

Andy
Thanks Andrew,

I'll take a look but might hold out a bit longer and try and pick up a broken concert unit.

Cheers Jon

sorry to revive this tread but im missing the rotary knob on the right side of my concert stereo, would anyone have one i could buy ???

sorry to revive this tread but im missing the rotary knob on the right side of my concert stereo, would anyone have one i could buy ???
Still available from Audi. Memory serving they were 7 quid for 2 of them.

Back