Concert Radio Volume

N8P

Hi All

i have a volume problem (not me) but my Concert CD Head Unit.

Essentially its near impossible to turn the volume up (even just a small turn) as it makes it go silent, weird i know, weirder is if I hold the volume control & exert sideways pressure to the right hand side as I turn it clockwise I can manage to get the volume to increase just. Although its hit or miss.

i have read a spray of electrical contact cleaner may work.
Has anybody tried this?

Thanks again

Yes that is usually very successful. There is also the chance that the front panel is not making good enough contact to the chassis of the unit. While the board is off for the cleaning you can check for damaged solder joints and reflow if needed. If all this fails you can swap the board for another Concert 2 unit, does not even have to from an A2 as the board screws into the front panel from the rear.

Mine started to do the same and in addition, it would go into CD mode without a cd in and display cd error all the time which was annoying. I took it apart cleaned the lens and touched up a couple of dry joints and that fixed both. Not really sure what and how exactly because it all happened in a hurry. I did not want to spend too much time on it.

Back