CoNfUsEd about suspension

Kaz

So, ive been using the search function in a quest to find my perfect suspension setup

I currently have a set of Stance+ Ultra Coilovers on there and while there is an great improvement on handling, swmbo is not happy with the comfort so they will be up for sale soon (have only been on the car a week to allow settling in time)

I was initially interested in the H&R/Bilstien B4 setup, but apparently the ride on the H&R's is not good.

I found a thread advising on good spring setups - that was in 2007 over 10 years old and many of the companies don't make the springs anymore - Eibach, ABT etc - the only one I found was Weitec.

So, assuming that the Weitec's are the way to go, whats a good shock absorber to go with it - I cant afford the cost of the FSD's and apparently they rust out anyway - Would bilstien b4's be suitable? or KONI SRt's maybe? I don't want to spend much more then £300 for the setup, so would love to hear about the experiences that you guys have on this.

Thanks

Kaz

I'm awaiting Eibach E7910-140 lowering springs (due this week) to be fitted with bilstein B4's. Springs are £120.63 (possibly less with jul3 code), set of B4's are around £120 from spring-loaded.co.uk

So it turns out that KW bought out Weitec a few years ago - looking at their website, they rate the fronts at 830kg, and the rear at 780kg which is why it may be softer.

There is a ST kit that they offer matching shocks with for £350 for anyone interested.

@damageruk - Where did you get the Eibach springs from and what car are they for as I don't see anything listed for the A2

I'm awaiting Eibach E7910-140 lowering springs (due this week) to be fitted with bilstein B4's. Springs are £120.63 (possibly less with jul3 code), set of B4's are around £120 from spring-loaded.co.uk
Yes, this Firm supplied a full set (front and rear) of the Bilsteins for £250, delivered!

David

So it turns out that KW bought out Weitec a few years ago - looking at their website, they rate the fronts at 830kg, and the rear at 780kg which is why it may be softer.

There is a ST kit that they offer matching shocks with for £350 for anyone interested.

@damageruk - Where did you get the Eibach springs from and what car are they for as I don't see anything listed for the A2
Eibach E7910-140 is Fabia though they're well documented as fitting the A2 TDI on A2-freun.de Mine were from ebay with 10% code(off £130 code may still be active), otherwise from onlinecarparts or group.

I now have Monroe sport shocks with Weitec lowered 30/30 springs after removing the good handling but rock hard Pro sport coilovers...partly due to me only lowering 30/30. I'm told that they have more give the more you lower?

Anyway I'm finding the ride a lot softer but with a little more roll on the corners but certainly overall better for me.

2 Year old pro sports going up for same at some point...

Eibach E7910-140 is Fabia though they're well documented as fitting the A2 TDI on A2-freun.de Mine were from ebay with 10% code(off £130 code may still be active), otherwise from onlinecarparts or group.
Is your car a tdi or petrol? Which is the recommended setup for a 1.4 tdi no oss

TDI, no OSS. I'm fairly certain the Fabia springs cover all TDI (think FSI too) regardless of spec. The threads on A2-freun are worth a look.

TDI, no OSS. I'm fairly certain the Fabia springs cover all TDI (think FSI too) regardless of spec. The threads on A2-freun are worth a look.

the part number for the springs you advised are for a fabia petrol - the fabia diesel partnumber is different by 1.

have you got a link to the thread on a2-freun - (and a good translator) lol

Thanks

the part number for the springs you advised are for a fabia petrol - the fabia diesel partnumber is different by 1.

have you got a link to the thread on a2-freun - (and a good translator) lol

Thanks
May be listed as fabia petrol though they are suitable for A2 TDI (TUV authorised too for German A2s - their MoT is very strict regarding suitable mods).
also, Brett has posted here about the use of said springs...
I use Chrome browser, it translates automagically. :)

just went through the whole thread - found it on google - you are right - the E7910-140 kit is the one to use for FSI and TDI cars - pref with the 4mm rear spring pad but I'm gonna go standard as I'm often carrying tools etc in the boot - thanks

Now, where did you get it for £120, as its £160 on the website!

just went through the whole thread - found it on google - you are right - the E7910-140 kit is the one to use for FSI and TDI cars - pref with the 4mm rear spring pad but I'm gonna go standard as I'm often carrying tools etc in the boot - thanks

Now, where did you get it for £120, as its £160 on the website!
Like DFS and ECP, there's usually a sale on, 22% at the moment making £123.80.

I now have Monroe sport shocks with Weitec lowered 30/30 springs after removing the good handling but rock hard Pro sport coilovers...partly due to me only lowering 30/30. I'm told that they have more give the more you lower?

Anyway I'm finding the ride a lot softer but with a little more roll on the corners but certainly overall better for me.

2 Year old pro sports going up for same at some point...
Hi
Just wondering what the ride is like now

Back