Considering a handbrake tray?

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
These are very handy but not that easy to find. No longer available new and used ones can be tricky to find.
BUT, there is an option to buy new (OEM) and in my view a better option.

Audi Tradition have new “under handbrake” trays in stock, in various colours. The are ones designed for use with the standard Audi Sat Nav (RNSD) but in my view they are a great option for any A2.
The price is reasonable too.

They have a couple of cutouts for the satnav switches but when I bought my tray it came with an additional bit of the material/plastic that is easily cut to fill in the bottom of these cut-outs.
So, rather than the normal tray, you would have one with some compartments for coins etc.
This is the advert and you can see the price and other details. It might be an ideal option?

Steve B

1CDB638B-B871-44DA-8361-3EE902600CD3.jpeg

Done! A word of caution though: these trays from AT have soft touch paint which inevitably degraded (even if they stayed in a box for all their life) so they are very vulnerable to scratch just by looking at them.

On mine I decided to apply twist nappa leather in each tray, as the original black velvet is quite difficult to keep clean.

75393252-12EF-479C-9FC4-29BB8DD364F2.jpeg

These are very handy but not that easy to find. No longer available new and used ones can be tricky to find.
BUT, there is an option to buy new (OEM) and in my view a better option.

Audi Tradition have new “under handbrake” trays in stock, in various colours. The are ones designed for use with the standard Audi Sat Nav (RNSD) but in my view they are a great option for any A2.
The price is reasonable too.

They have a couple of cutouts for the satnav switches but when I bought my tray it came with an additional bit of the material/plastic that is easily cut to fill in the bottom of these cut-outs.
So, rather than the normal tray, you would have one with some compartments for coins etc.
This is the advert and you can see the price and other details. It might be an ideal option?

Steve B

View attachment 67327
it is the €30 postage that starts to put the price up!

Evening folks...

Yes, final order for now going in this evening to guarantee onward post to the UK this week... I'm off to Lithuania and back 24th August so can do another group order then. VAT here in Germany now 16% so its a bit cheaper and there is less of your £ needed for a Euro....

HTH

Rick

Done! A word of caution though: these trays from AT have soft touch paint which inevitably degraded (even if they stayed in a box for all their life) so they are very vulnerable to scratch just by looking at them.

On mine I decided to apply twist nappa leather in each tray, as the original black velvet is quite difficult to keep clean.

View attachment 67331

Oooh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back