Correct voltage glow plugs for AMF 2003 TDI

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
Evening,

I have some puffs of blueish smoke on cold start and engine is a bit lumpy for few seconds. Ive just replaced the tandem pump, its due a cambelt on years not milage soon. I haven't done any over work yet so a lot of things unknown, for example fuel filter air filter condition. Service history say audi supplied thermostat and sender in last three year though. Car seems to drive okay and heat gets into cabin.

I want to start with glow plug change, it has single wired plugs to individual heaters, different to my ATL, wires seem small.

So my question is what are correct voltage glow plugs for the 75BHp AMF engine 2003, I heard there are different voltages and that some melt!

Thanks!

The AMF glow plugs are 11Volt, the ATL are 5Volt.

Use the correct socket to remove them when the engine is hot and after using a good penetrating oil such as Plus Gas or PB Blaster.

Here are some price examples of AMF glow plugs...

Would change the fuel and air filter first as they are constantly used. If the plastic type fuel filter housing then get a depronman drain plug replacement first.

The melting and end falling off is when the ATL plugs are fitted into a AMF or BHC.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts there audifan, I will grab some correctly voltaged plugs ASAP. I am also getting the service kit compiled with these.

I have a socket that fit the atl so should fit the amf ones. I'll soak for two days prior to gently undoing.

The drain housing is brand new audi so I'll give one chance:)

Cheers

Hi I did manage to obtain some plugs that are 11v and checked the one that came out and they were 11v also so all is good. Plugs came out easy enough and I torqued to 12nm back in.
The suppliers don't check the voltage do they, they just click on screen and its case of " computer says its this " 20230130_162922.jpg

Back