Cup holder won’t stay in....

chrisd

Another question that might having a blindingly obvious answer......

During the really hot weather a couple of weeks ago one of my cup holders had quietly deployed itself and won’t stay back in.

After a broken one was replaced by WOM while sorting a jammed in after market radio last summer it had worked fine until now.

An ideas / easy fixes or do I need to source a new one?

Chris

HI Chris, as far as I know there is no fix to sort this. There is a small plastic piece that snaps off. Will be watching with interest as mine has done the same!

It’s possible with a small drill and epoxy to remake the triangle pin
Use a 0.5mm drill and a small length of paper clip to make the peg them add epoxy to make the shape and file up once set

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not one for buying a car based on cup holders. My passenger one is stuck in now, and I know a plastic section has been broken in the past by someone. I've removed the original stereo and fixed the volume control, but the cup holder has stuck since; doesn't release. Another minor , but irritating thing to fix. I've got the driver's one for reference. Stereo releases easily enough to access it. Best of luck.
Another question that might having a blindingly obvious answer......

During the really hot weather a couple of weeks ago one of my cup holders had quietly deployed itself and won’t stay back in.

After a broken one was replaced by WOM while sorting a jammed in after market radio last summer it had worked fine until now.

An ideas / easy fixes or do I need to source a new one?

Chris

It’s possible with a small drill and epoxy to remake the triangle pin
Use a 0.5mm drill and a small length of paper clip to make the peg them add epoxy to make the shape and file up once set

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As always Paul very useful advice as always good to repair then replace. Will have a go at this sometime soon all being well.

As I feared!

No idea how a heat wave could be final straw, perhaps softened the ageing plastic and it snapped just under pressure of the spring.

If one Paul follows the other Paul’s advice and manages to fix it pics would be good, otherwise will watch the market place for a working one.

As ever, thanks all for helpful replies

Chris

Hi,

Very recently I have repaired mine with a push latch. It was the second time that they broke and I decided to take my chances.

Evros

Back