Czech Silver Social

BigBang

Hello everybody,
let me continue from the Introductions topic. I bought A2 as immortal car for travelling to the work. But it is swo weird I love it :)

Right now I own it for one year and still enjoying it. During the year it hasn't changed except one thing. Seats from FSI. Not in the best visual shape but man they are so great!

Attachments

• a2_020.jpg
    a2_020.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 338
  • a2_007.JPG
    a2_007.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 341
  • a2_022.jpg
    a2_022.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 336
  • a2_029.jpg
    a2_029.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 321
My dampers were not in good shape, LR was leaking oil so I was thinking about what to do. So why don't give a try to TA Technix โ€žfixed sport suspensionโ€œ -25 mm and this is how it looks :) Well and right now I came back from Whole republic meeting of VW club Czech Republic ;)

Attachments

• a2_031.jpg
    a2_031.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 288
  • a2_033.jpg
    a2_033.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 293
  • a2_032.jpg
    a2_032.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 1,954
  • a2_035.jpg
    a2_035.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 317
  • a2_034.jpg
    a2_034.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
It seems like it's nothing going on and the truth is mostly yes. I even don't drive that much because of home office. But I finaly pushed myself to sort out one of the number plate lights not working. Well I have to buy new one. Screws were rusted away and drilling didn't worked well. I went to VW/Audi dealership to buy new light. I almost fell from the chair when they said 20 pounds (600 CZK) ?

No wonders the hand brake wasn't braking at all and I had low fluid warning a month ago ๐Ÿ˜…
20230204_141152.jpg

It required changing cylinders on both sides. Unfortunately the nuts were dead stuck on both sides so new nuts were needed. Luckily there is enough tube for "one job" from factory. I also changed the "dog bone" as it started to tear and left cable to hand brake as a side job to casual oil/filters service. It runs nice again and brakes too ๐Ÿ‘

No wonders the hand brake wasn't braking at all and I had low fluid warning a month ago ๐Ÿ˜…
View attachment 104183

It required changing cylinders on both sides. Unfortunately the nuts were dead stuck on both sides so new nuts were needed. Luckily there is enough tube for "one job" from factory. I also changed the "dog bone" as it started to tear and left cable to hand brake as a side job to casual oil/filters service. It runs nice again and brakes too ๐Ÿ‘
What were the signs of the "dog bone" failure ? Or you just looked at it and decided to replace it?

Strange rattle in low RPM or when idling. It's hard to descibe it even in my native language ๐Ÿ˜ I experienced something similar when I changed steering rack and didn't tighten the dog bone screw in subframe ;)

Strange rattle in low RPM or when idling. It's hard to descibe it even in my native language ๐Ÿ˜ I experienced something similar when I changed steering rack and didn't tighten the dog bone screw in subframe ;)
I an looking for a reason of such strange rattle in my A2 - I will replace the dog bone, maybe it will solve this :)

Just do it ๐Ÿ˜ It costs few bucks. I used one from polo 9n (6Q0199851E) - only the bracket on the end is different but easily interchangeable.

Aside from the brake and dog bone stories I also did a small change of the looks - I found smoke indicators mady by TYC. They fits nicely and have nice light tint. Perfect for a silver colour :)
And I found out that one of the original indicators had broken snap fit and it barely held in place.

20230213_074558.jpg

20230205_153125.jpg

Back