Definitive A2 alloy thread?

MOI

A2OC Donor
Looking to upgrade my alloys as had enough of driving around with missing SE centre caps. Look like a right scrot. But getting a tad confused by the options I've read about/discussed; A8 steel rims, A2 pepperpots, A2 7 hole 'no centre cap no worry about' polished aluminium, etc...

I've had a root around and cant find a thread outlining the best alloy/tyre options for the A2. If it exists I'd appreciate it if someone could link to it pls.

Or if not it would be good to hear your preferred option for an 1.4TDI SE.

Many thanks A2 fam.

Personally I run 17" RS4 replica dual PCD wheels that look almost identical to the sport 9 spoke alloys. There is a picture of the wheels on the car and what a dual PCD wheel looks like on the "today I" thread.

Reactions: MOI
Actually there are 2 pictures one of the winter steel coloured ones and the second the summer silver wheels.

Looking to upgrade my alloys as had enough of driving around with missing SE centre caps. Look like a right scrot. But getting a tad confused by the options I've read about/discussed; A8 steel rims, A2 pepperpots, A2 7 hole 'no centre cap no worry about' polished aluminium, etc...

I've had a root around and cant find a thread outlining the best alloy/tyre options for the A2. If it exists I'd appreciate it if someone could link to it pls.

Or if not it would be good to hear your preferred option for an 1.4TDI SE.

Many thanks A2 fam.

Allow me.

https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/the-wheel-picture-thread.41176/

Looking at these. Bit quirky.
Apparently s-line but I've never seen them before...

Hi.
Audi A2 wheel bolt pattern is 5x100.
Nice looking wheels though.
Good luck with your search
Steve

Ah. That might explain things.
Also tempted by these but the state of them means plenty of work. Only £50 for the set though.

That ebay seller says lacquer but it's the alloy itself that has corroded.
I've just had a set of 5 of them stripped, blasted, sanded and powdercoated black...
index.php

The 5th wheel has a decent non-directional tyre on it, the others are Toyo Proxes T1-R (195 50 R15).

But I'm now looking to get a set of 17" wheels and refurbish them in black instead. So will be looking to sell those in the pic.

I can see you’ve done the B-pillars, but have you colour coded the heko deflectors too?
No Steve just the B pillars but they're not colour coded I done them with 5d gloss carbon wrap, I like the idea but I doubt my wrapping skills would be upto doing the deflectors

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah. That might explain things.
Also tempted by these but the state of them means plenty of work. Only £50 for the set though.
In that state they barely have a value: a 'want' here would yield a much better set for little more.

I have them myself which I'll probably DIY refurb as they are really light and look pretty O.K. as well. For me, the narrower tyre than many of the other wheels is a bonus. Tried them on my TDi last night (instead of 16" Star alloys) and the ride is much nicer. They don't look as good though!

In that state they barely have a value: a 'want' here would yield a much better set for little more.

I have them myself which I'll probably DIY refurb as they are really light and look pretty O.K. as well. For me, the narrower tyre than many of the other wheels is a bonus. Tried them on my TDi last night (instead of 16" Star alloys) and the ride is much nicer. They don't look as good though!

Thanks for the heads up. I've found these now. £100 inc 2x pirelli 7mm and 2x goodyear 5mm. What do you think I should be looking at to get them refurbed?

IMG_5684.jpeg

Tread depth is half the story with tyres, what are the date codes?

unless very recent, I don’t think these are worth more than £70 personally.

Refurb prices can range between £120 and £280 but perhaps you get what you pay for. The cheapest I found locally is LSN in Castleford.

Last edited:
Took my winter wheels here this morning
£20 per bare wheel and takes up to 2 weeks
I will let you know how good or bad they are
Screenshot_20200902-180459_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: MOI
Back