differences between AUA and AUB engine

celsisone

Can someone tell me what the differences between AUA and AUB engine please. Can parts be swopped or is it better to just change the engine. ?:cool:

I take it that no one on here has tried to swop over the parts from a AUB 100BHP Engine to a AUA 75BHP engine?

I take it that no one on here has tried to swop over the parts from a AUB 100BHP Engine to a AUA 75BHP engine?

It does seem unusually quiet on this subject, so I think you may be right!

I am pretty sure that you will get SOME help on this if someone knows the facts, but it would need someone who has actually attempted it to give you a definitive answer.

Anyone help???

Steve B

I don't see any of our engineering gurus logged on at the moment. It may be as you speculate that the answer isn't known or perhaps the question is too wide or unspecific. I'm sure if help is available it will be offered.

I have a AUB engine sitting in my garage, But from what I can find out, the only differences are the CAMS, Inlet Manifold and the throttle body. looks a lot easier to just swop the parts over and remap the ECU.

Trying to find someone to remap the ECU... because it is not a Bosch unit. No one wants to touch it...........

Just be aware the AUB engine has less torque and at higher revs; the engine really only works better than the AUA over 4000rpm, under that it is down on torque.

I know this, But with a gutted Pre Cat and the right Map, Should be able to sort that out.

Hello, I re-upload this, I have the same problem, I have mounted the AUB manifold on my AUA, with its throttle body, and trying to mount the largest renault megane throttle body, I have changed the egr tube too, nobody is capable After reprogramming the magenti marelli, those who have come closest have had problems with the ESP, the AUB motor polo does not have ESP or the option, perhaps the maps of the polo could be adapted to the A2 even if it does not have ESP?

Last edited:
IMG_20190212_174346.jpg.bfccfb72a64477989c68485f67602e2c.jpg
IMG_20190212_174308.jpg.a0b44d4d8ac07dbd7c12fd7bcf641b0c.jpg
IMG_20190212_174319.jpg.6f37c6b0486c7ec65287761aaa9e7bac.jpg
Megane throtle body.
IMG_20190212_174516.jpg.f85bdab0d62dce9feba0dba3484eb67d.jpg

As far as I know there is gain to be had BHP wise, but the AUB is still missing in the bottom-end. Drivability wise one could argue if the character of the AUB fits our A2’s? Because the AUB engine should be driven even more in the revs than our 1.4 16v AUA engines. I figure not, but that’s my humble opinion. The lupo Gti engine is another story in itself. To be compared with the 1.6 FSI.
How are getting along with the project?

Kind regards

Fit everything from the AUB engine and just use the ECU too
This is a slightly left-of-topic question but related to the above and our conversation 18 months back re. your AUB head / 1.6L bottom-end hybrid engine project car.

What about the AUS engine? Judging by all the parts diagrams I can see, this appears to be a 1.6L version of the AUB - so is this a direct replacement for an AUA and equivalent to your combination build, or are there other differences such as interface with the gearbox etc.? If I've not misunderstood your threads previously here, the AUB is a 100hp version of the AUA, and the BCB was a 1.6L version of the BBY?

As far as I know there is gain to be had BHP wise, but the AUB is still missing in the bottom-end. Drivability wise one could argue if the character of the AUB fits our A2’s? Because the AUB engine should be driven even more in the revs than our 1.4 16v AUA engines. I figure not, but that’s my humble opinion. The lupo Gti engine is another story in itself. To be compared with the 1.6 FSI.
How are getting along with the project?

Kind regards

The lupo gti is a lot closer to the aua than it is the fsi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUS A single coil pack , the BCB runs individual coil packs , you can just swop the rocker cover on them . Used a BCB because I had it

Using the 1.6 bottom end with the 100 bhp AUB top gains you torque .

Both the 1.4 and 1.6 engines use the same pistons , the 1.6 just has a longer stroke.
Rallycross boys were doing this 10 plus years ago in lupo’s

Back