Different rear screens

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Ok, having had the rear screens swapped over from one A2 to another Im left with a puzzle.

In the photo the black block should be connected to a cable (represented with the blue line) that would be soldered onto the rear demister. the donor cars rear screen has the votex spoiler, the other car, (Frankie ) has the standard spoiler hence why I had the swapped over but the wires attached to the glass is different and assume that the reason being is a different system is being used in Frankie
Now my Q is, would it make any difference unsoldering the two connecting cables from Frankies old rear glass and resoldering onto the screen in the photo where the red circle is on the glass?

DSC_0021.JPG

That is the "Diversity" aerial module. Seeing as Frankie has a non-standard stereo I would assume it is no longer needed :)

Indeed frankie has an aftermarket stereo but the radio has never worked, no signal has ever reached the unit. Steve did mention this so I was aware of that problem otherwise the unit works well. Thanks for your input though.

You are looking at the diversity aerial setup there. This will NOT work with aftermarket radios (the std aerial will but not the diversity part)
You will need a signal amplifier if using a none own head unit that are under £5 from the likes of eBay and work well
But there is no point in connecting the four diversity aerial modules just the single one on the drivers side upper
It will need changing for a none diversity unit as it needs to handle full radio spectrum also the cabling from head unit will need modifying to ignore the diversity unit
Likely better and easier to fit an alternative aerial as the rear screen was poor at best

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back