Difficulty Making A Donation

Andrew

A2OC Donor
England
I am trying to make a donation using the 'Donate' under members and failing. The problem occurs at the 'Login' request in the dialogue, regardless of whether I am logged in or not, it simply refuses to recognise my username.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for taking the time to make a donation to the club.

The donation is made via the club shop which is not directly linked to the main site, so signing in won't help if you are a first time visitor to the shop. If you register as a new user in the shop, it should work okay.

Any problems please come back to us. Thanks again,

Darren

Hi Andy, thanks for taking the time to make a donation to the club.

The donation is made via the club shop which is not directly linked to the main site, so signing in won't help if you are a first time visitor to the shop. If you register as a new user in the shop, it should work okay.

Any problems please come back to us. Thanks again,

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thank you, it worked fine after your advice, but in a sense it is still a software bug.

For the record it was not 'my' money, I do not deserve unwarranted kudo for this donation although I have donated in the past. Let me explain.

Recently I advertised in 'Wanted' for a RS4 standard nine spoke wheel as one of mine was buckled. Generously Nigel(@tdiquattro) offered and delivered a set of 4 unwanted RS4's with tyres free of charge. Now with surplus wheels I offered one to Adam + Ian(@Kleynie) who were also after one, and they insisted on paying £20, even though it was free at this stage, but knowing by previous PM that any monies would be donated to club funds.

I see no reason why I should profit from the generosity of others.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Glad it worked, I'm not certain that there is an obvious pairing of accounts fix, I'm sure Ben as looked at this previously but I'll raise it again.

Your story reflects the member generosity and community spirit that is a common theme of A2OC. Donations help to keep the site ticking along and the club functioning, which is all run on a volunteer basis. As such, and as is always the case, a thanks from the team.

Darren

I donated a while ago, I assume members who have also donated changed their signature to 'A2OC Donor' themselves? as I'm still a 'Member'

Hi

As Darren mentions, our donations system is independent from our forum system. This was due to a lack of decent donation mechanisms within the forum software, and we had a reliable shop mechanism in place so seemed sensible to use it.

Ben

Recently I advertised in 'Wanted' for a RS4 standard nine spoke wheel as one of mine was buckled. Generously Nigel(@tdiquattro) offered and delivered a set of 4 unwanted RS4's with tyres free of charge. Now with surplus wheels I offered one to Adam + Ian(@Kleynie) who were also after one, and they insisted on paying £20, even though it was free at this stage, but knowing by previous PM that any monies would be donated to club funds.

I see no reason why I should profit from the generosity of others.

Andy

Andy was true to his word and we have a decent wheel and tyre, everyone a winner.

Thank you Andy, and nice to meet you and your A2’s

Back