DIS system

H17RYH

hi guys

i finally picked up my A2 on friday, i been driving it, but i dont know how to get the DIS system to work??, can anyone help me, i have two pins to push in on my dash! i hope this helps!!

harry

Press the "reset" button under the wiper/washer stick. You can choose between DIS off, DIS on, navigation.

Thomas

Just had a look guys i dont have it, and im gutted because when i was test driving the car the rep at Audi told me that it had it??

any sugestions??

harry

Hi Harry
An Audi dealer should know better.
DIS was a £200+ option so the car was not as described and in my opinion you definitely deserve some recompense

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
H17RYH said:
hi guys

i finally picked up my A2 on friday, i been driving it, but i dont know how to get the DIS system to work??, can anyone help me, i have two pins to push in on my dash! i hope this helps!!

harry

As ULP says, the full DIS is standard on a Sport but an option on an SE, which your appears to be from the pic.

Buying the car from an AUDI dealer - you paid a premium - and for that you - (any purchaser) - deserves 100% honesty and 100% clarity.

If they were economical with the truth / vague / unclear on this point then you have a case.

Mike

Also, if it was an approved used Audi, don't forget that you have a 30 day, no-quibble exchange facility, should you want to use it.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Guys

Spoken to them today and its a no go area all of a sudden TONBRIDGE AUDI say that they use a computer database in which they type the cars reg and out pops the spec for the car as factory fitted!! which has been posted to me and guess what it doesnt but the salesrep told me it did have it!!!!

No leg to stand on what you all think???

harry

H17RYH said:
Hi Guys

Spoken to them today and its a no go area all of a sudden TONBRIDGE AUDI say that they use a computer database in which they type the cars reg and out pops the spec for the car as factory fitted!! which has been posted to me and guess what it doesnt but the salesrep told me it did have it!!!!

harry
not the end of the world mate .still a lovely car though

Last edited:
H17RYH said:
Hi Guys

harry
Harry,

Use the 30 day no quibble exchange policy - that's one of the reasons for buying Audi Approved Used cars and why you pay that bit extra.

Have a look on their national database and see if there's anything that you might prefer. If so, ask the dealer to get it up to the branch for you to evaluate and, if happy, exchange it.

If you like, PM me the details of what you have now and what you'd like and I'll check things out for you.

Cheers,

Mike

From my point of view, DIS is not standard as they used to charge you £200 for it as an option. Therefore you should have some comeback as the car has been mis-sold.
Give my wife - or one of her colleagues - a ring at Consumer Direct (08454 04 05 06). They will be able to tell you if you have a legal right to be a bit miffed and what to do about it.

Guys MY TROUBLES WITH TONBRIDGE AUDI

Been at Tonbridge Audi the whole week and still no joy, i would give the car back but hey i just love it, doesnt matter not the end of the world i guess i can work out the MPG myself on paper.

This just happens to be the end of it i would not recommend Tonbridge Audi to anyonel.

Another sarger with Tombridge Audi the salesman told me he would send the car in for a service before it gets delivered to me, and guess what he didnt, told me that the computer in the car said that the next service is due at 8800miles therefore they would not service it!! they only would do it if it said 5000 miles or less. He also told me that i would have to bare the cost of the next service.

But at the time i did the deal i was also told that the car has a 20,000 mile service interval therefore i brought the car with the insumption i would not need to worry about the service for the next 20,000 miles.

But now i need to service it in 8800 miles, so i told him that i wasnt happy and that i would not buy it!!! I was very close to telling him to stick it up his A*SE!!! THEY HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE !!!! I had other issues also with regard to the road tax its just been a nightmare!!!

After a serious conversation guess what all of a sudden my next service is not FREE of charge!!!!

Well what else can i say ?? oh i was given a free Audi bath robe as a gift and he said to me its the little things that count!!!!

I never got any Audi keyrings with my keys but was promised that they would be put in the post to me as soon as they get delivered!!!!

lets see!!!

Harry

Unfortunately 'prestige' marques such as Audi seem unable to attract a higher grade of used car salesman.

It reminds me of the idiot at Teesside Audi that accompanied me in a test drive of an A2 when I first looked at them a couple of years ago. I told this clown that I was not interested in buying at present but wanted to see how an A2 TDI drove compared to other cars I was considering for the future.

It was a hopelessly underspecced model at a ludicrously inflated price. Once back in the showroom this idiot just could not help himself and offered 'a £1000 discount if you take it today'. I reminded him I had not come to buy and pointed out that, in any event the car was £2-3000 overpriced in the first place. With his commission opportunity gone he turned his attention to someone else leaving my 10 year old daughter to remark 'what a complete wally!'

I have been treated better by double glazing salesmen!

Sorry that you too have had a bad experience with an Audi dealer (often referred to as 'stealer' on this site) - but I am not surprised.

Enjoy your car anyway - even without full DIS!!

Mike

What never ceases to amaze me is that this kind of attitude / (lack of) attention to detail reflects just as badly on Audi itself as on the dealer concerned. They need to be thankful that there is no real alternative for those of us who love the A2 but for the rest of the range there is always BMW, Mercedes etc etc.. Why do you think Mercedes fired most of their dealers and set up shop themselves!

Don't let this kind of experience with one dealer cloud your A2 experience as a whole.

Jonathan

After all these issues, IMO you really should return the car. It seems as if the deal you were sold is not the deal you have received, and if it were any other item bought from any retailer, you would've returned it by now - and not been fed so much bull____.

Ian

I have to agree with Ian, Harry.

I know you love all other aspects of the car and that trying to find the right A2 is increasingly difficult these days, especially if you want an approved used one.

However, if I were in your position, I'd be on to Audi UK and wanting much more than a bathrobe and a free service (which actually costs Audi about an hours labour and the price of 4 litres of oil and a couple of filters).

Ultimately, it's your choice and if you are happy then that's what counts. If possible, and you decide to keep your car, then try to strike up a relationship with a dealer (not necessarily your local one, although that would be more convenient, obviously). Look at the service awards in this months Audi Driver mag, and it's clear to see that there are some very good, responive and responsible dealers out there. If there's one in your area, get to know them.

Whatever you do, I wish you well with your new A2, and welcome to the A2OC - if the dealer can't solve your problems, we possibly can!

Cheers,

Mike

Guys

YOU ALL ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS

If your reading this then you prob already read all my messages about Tonbridge Audi!!! And all the problems i had with my dealing for my A2

Guess what they have done now..............Are you ready????

I RECIEVED MY NEW REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE TODAY NOT BY THE NORMAL WAY VIA A POST MAN THROUGH MY DOOR THIS MORNING................................................................................................................BUT THROUGH THE KIND MR & MRS SMITH THAT LIVE NEXT DOOR TO ME.............................​
THANK YOU TONBRIDGE AUDI​

YOU HAVE SUCESSFULLY REGISTERED MY NEW AUDI TO MR AND MRS SMITHS ADDRESS NEXT DOOR!!!!!
WHATS NEXT????

I plej everyone please never never never never use TONBRIDGE AUDI

So people any sugestions on what i do next??

Harry​
[/SIZE]

Go and drive your car through the glass and park it in the middle of their showroom..

Seriously, TAKE THE CAR BACK, get in touch with trading standards, citizens advice bureau, Audi UK, hell, even fire an e-mail off to BBC Watchdog.. whatever it takes - JUST GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

Ian

Back