Do you use it as daily car?

Bubonico

A2OC Donor
Hola!

I have a 73.000km Audi A2 1.6FSI that I bought with 69.000km.
I use it as a daily car to go to work. I mainly do highway. 40km each way, so 80km totally a day.
Now, that I am giving a lot of love to the car and is getting very nice, I wonder if is it a good idea to do so many km a day.

How many of you use it as a daily car? Or do you just use it as a collection car?

Salut!

One of my A2's gets used for my commute about 50% of the time on average, it also does things like taking big loads that my Volvo hardtop convertible can't handle. I tend to take the A2 in the mornings if there's been a frost, because with its winter pack and Webasto heater it's really quick to de-ice it and get going, and I don't risk damaging the Volvo's frameless windows. On hot sunny days I'd definitely take the Volvo :cool:

My other A2 gets used for occupying my garage space, mainly :D It's too nice to subject it to all the salt and dirt on the roads, so it comes out mainly for shows and A2OC socials, and sometimes just for fun in the summer when it's dry and not too hot.

We use our FSI and Mk1 TT on alternate days for everything, I'm the only driver in the family, so, sadly I can't drive them both at the same time!
Mac.

My A2 has been my daily for 18 years. However I was just today talking with my wife about a replacement. Not because I want to replace the A2, it’s because I need a reliable supply of parts and Audi appear to have abandoned A2. Tradition won’t trade with us because we are a third country to the EU so parts are difficult.
If a gear or parking brake cable snaps I’m without a daily. Sadly I think it is time to retire the A2.

Yes daily drivers in our house but we do currently have 4 between the two of us ?. It's such a versatile vehicle why would you need anything else, oh apart from a motorcycle in the summertime.

Yes. Almost a Daily Car. Our 2003 Azure Blue 1.4SE Petrol has been with us since 2003. Mainly my going to work car for all that time but I Retired in June last year, so it’s only done 3000 miles since January 2021. Both Kids learned to drive in it then both used it until they left school, got jobs and their own cars. Kids are 34 and 32 now. Can’t remember the exact mileage today but it’s around 135,000

But then we have a fully restored 1966 Beetle and 1972 VW 1600 Type 3 Automatic Variant. They only ever go out of our Garage from about April to October, and only if it’s going to be sunny and not going to rain. They sometimes do as much as 300 miles per year each !

Steve U

Last edited:
Just yesterday I considered this point and decided to buy a 2008 Peugeot 107 as my daily and resign the A2 to a rarely used, long-distance car to preserve it. Thankfully insurance is cheap enough to allow this, but given the age of the A2 it’s worth it. So far I’m enjoying the 107; surprisingly comfy but nowhere near as practical as the A2.

Hola!

I have a 73.000km Audi A2 1.6FSI that I bought with 69.000km.
I use it as a daily car to go to work. I mainly do highway. 40km each way, so 80km totally a day.
Now, that I am giving a lot of love to the car and is getting very nice, I wonder if is it a good idea to do so many km a day.

How many of you use it as a daily car? Or do you just use it as a collection car?

Salut!
Hi Bubonico,
Mines a daily driver doing approximately 1000 miles per week just approaching 270,000 miles this week.
Currently looking very abused covered in salt spay from the roads.
Regards
Keith.

Mine is currently a daily driver .
50ish miles 5 days per week . Mixed motorway and A roads . Current mpg 57.7
Doing a great job.
Wondering if we should get a second A2 ….
Probably will be a TDI . Mine is a 90 so would likely be a 70 .
Briefly had a black one with too much to do on it … but maybe something similar.
Would like an open sky version as the one I had for a few weeks had but it didn’t work and the car ended up being broken as there were many other issues as well as blown head gasket …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its my "daily" but I do about 5 miles a week at the moment as I WFH and just use the occasional school runs round the block and into town for supermarket (thats a 2 mile round trip !). The entire purpose of the A2 is that my Discovery 3 was hating the short trips and I wasn't doing any weekly long trip to help "clear its pipes" Its very useful having a spare car too if you own a Disco 3.

Hi Bubonico,
Mines a daily driver doing approximately 1000 miles per week just approaching 270,000 miles this week.
Currently looking very abused covered in salt spay from the roads.
Regards
Keith.

Yours and mine both

e51458cab9285e73bb4bc58665660c51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back