Don't scrap your A2, recycle it!

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
With many A2's now passing the 20 year mark, there are quite a lot of rough and ready A2's out there that have become uneconomically viable to keep on the road.

If you are considering scrapping your A2, or part-exing it at a dealer, then please get in touch before doing so. Both Andy @Clackers and I @A2Steve will never break a good car and if it has got to that stage, then the parts will go towards keeping a great number of other A2's on the road.

With me in South Wales and Andy in North Wales, we are positioned well to cover all of the country and can offer a hassle free sale with proper disposal of the car afterwards.

So please get in touch BY PM if you have something.

Last edited:
The decks are now clear again, so i'm on the lookout for another parts car. If you've got anything nestled away or know of anything available then please get in touch.

Thanks

The decks are now clear again, so i'm on the lookout for another parts car. If you've got anything nestled away or know of anything available then please get in touch.

Thanks
Hi Steve, I have an 1.4 petrol 2005 SE (bby) which I am looking to part with. Mot feb 2022, timing belt changed 6000 miles ago. Has 1 compression low.drives really good.would you be interested.. I’m in Carlisle..

Hi Steve, I have an 1.4 petrol 2005 SE (bby) which I am looking to part with. Mot feb 2022, timing belt changed 6000 miles ago. Has 1 compression low.drives really good.would you be interested.. I’m in Carlisle..
Hi John, Carlisle is a bit of a trek for delivery, but that's not a no. I'll pm you.

Hi Steve, I have an A2 that you showed an interest in a while ago, it has been recently serviced and Mot till February 2023…it’s a 1.4 petrol SE June 2005

I've got a late 2002 1.4 TDi (SK52UMV) with 125000 on the clock. It was running fine up until the first lockdown, then I stupidly left it parked up and it has barely moved since. As a consequence it has developed lacquer peel on various panels, and one of the front discs lost one of it's pads which had stuck on.
It's had a lot of work done in past, as you can see from MoT history. It even has an operational sunroof, and the dark gray interior isn't in bad shape, though at present it's looking distinctly unloved.
I've been offered £400 as scrap, but I would rather it either went for restoration (see Rusty911s story re his / my Devon car), or else as a donor to a deserving project.
I'm tucked away in Kingsbridge, south Devon

I've got a late 2002 1.4 TDi (SK52UMV) with 125000 on the clock. It was running fine up until the first lockdown, then I stupidly left it parked up and it has barely moved since. As a consequence it has developed lacquer peel on various panels, and one of the front discs lost one of it's pads which had stuck on.
It's had a lot of work done in past, as you can see from MoT history. It even has an operational sunroof, and the dark gray interior isn't in bad shape, though at present it's looking distinctly unloved.
I've been offered £400 as scrap, but I would rather it either went for restoration (see Rusty911s story re his / my Devon car), or else as a donor to a deserving project.
I'm tucked away in Kingsbridge, south Devon
@A2Steve - if it helps and this car could be somehow transported here, I’m happy to store it at mine for a short while until you can get it to you? I’m about an hour closer to you than Kingsbridge.

I’m sure the key issue is the cost of transporting it in the first place however.

Thank you, that’s a very kind offer. I’ve got one breaker and 2 fixer uppers here at the moment so pretty full, but hate to pass on one when available. I’ve PM’d and will go from there.

Back