Door and window issues

Techno

Dear members of the forum,

Our A2 (51 plate TDi SE) has been rather reliable in getting us from A-B over the last few years, however some incovienient electrical issues have arisen (most intermittent in nature) such as lack of sound from the stereo and the remote fobs not working on first approaching the vehicle (they sometimes work if you've recently used the car - see below - and seem to lock the car 9/10 times)) but, even when the fob unlocked the other three doors, the key needed to be used mechanically to get in the Drivers door (first world problems eh?). None of this has been serious to worry about, but things have taken a step up now...

Today the windows (front or rear) would not roll down when operated on the Drivers switch panel (didn't try the passenger switch panels). This could be lived with most of the time (it's got an efficient air con) except if you want to take a ticket from a car park machine I guess, but..

On arriving home and turning off, the Drivers door would not open on the interior lever, the button to unlock the central locking had no effect, and the windows were still staying up (this now with the key in 'run' position). Now I guess, because I had entered the car from the passenger side due to an obstruction on the Drivers side the mechanical unlocking hadn't been performed (see above). Luckily restarting the engine seemed to allow the interior lever to work?

Your thoughts on where best to start please. Would a CCCU fault be a common point to the windows and doors?

The lack of ability to exit the car could become a real issue...

Nick.

PS. Since writing the above, have been out again and everything (Central locking on remote fob to unlock all four doors, the windows and even Bose) was working. That's how intermittent this is!?

Last edited:
Back