Door Cards

Sheriff

Hi,
I have a lovely A2 Special Edition which unfortunately some badly marked black front door cards. Pics attached. I have tried cleaning but to no avail as I can't seem to restore the matt black finish. Any suggestions on where to source two new ones or other ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3691.JPG
    IMG_3691.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 295
I have black doorcards available, but first lets see if we can rescue yours. What cleaning products have you used on them? Its normally the case that that the plastics have almost gone dry. Give them a good clean down with a detergent and then the liquid rub on shoe polishes actually do a great job of restoring the black colour and lasts a decent amount of time.

I skrubbed my Hard parts like inner handles with a sturdy brush and some home floor cleaning product, and the rest with some mcguires interior cleener and a used shower towel.
Looks fine to me :)

I can second the shoe polish, I used it on my old doors about once every other month and it looked really good.

Hello and welcome aboard :) You'll find this a very friendly and responsive forum.

I was hoping someone like Steve would post up on this one, he'll see you right if it comes to replacement doorcards. On your current ones I'd use a foaming shampoo like Ambersill Auto Groom or Autoglym high-foam to start with, should at least get most of the material section cleaned up, then follow up with shoe polish like Steve says.

Be very careful of the black surrounds for the door handles and window switches (and the switches themselves!) as they have soft-touch paint that's very easily scratched/removed. Yours seem to be in very good condition. I wouldn't take any hard bristles or scrubbing products anywhere near them. With the doorcards off the car you can actually remove these bits to allow you to work on the stains better.

As for how-to, search and you'll find information on here - but beware the site's own search function won't recognise words of three letters or less. Most times it's actually better to search on Google using A2OC plus the terms you want to search for.

Last edited:
I have black doorcards available, but first lets see if we can rescue yours. What cleaning products have you used on them? Its normally the case that that the plastics have almost gone dry. Give them a good clean down with a detergent and then the liquid rub on shoe polishes actually do a great job of restoring the black colour and lasts a decent amount of time.
Thank you Steve, I have a variety of marks on the cards and although I could scrub and polish I think that I would prefer in this instance to purchase new if I can obtain at the right price, as it would really give the inside a lift, fit and then maybe resell on the old. Is that possible? I also need a boot cover and two rear headrests! Any ideas?
Thanks

Thank you Steve, I have a variety of marks on the cards and although I could scrub and polish I think that I would prefer in this instance to purchase new if I can obtain at the right price, as it would really give the inside a lift, fit and then maybe resell on the old. Is that possible? I also need a boot cover and two rear headrests! Any ideas?
Thanks

Just to confirm, they will not be new parts, just good condition used ones.
I also have a parcel shelf and 2 rear headrests available.

Thank you Steve,
Sorry for the delay. I am certainly interested in the rear headrests if they are a kind of grey leather to match the two front ones I have. Do you know how I can find out exactly the colour of my interior, sounds daft but I don't know myself. What colour is the parcel shelf? I would prefer new door cards as it is difficult to evaluate how much better than my existing ones they will be. Have you any idea where I could purchase new? Where are you based?
Wait to hear,
Thanks

Thank you Steve,
Sorry for the delay. I am certainly interested in the rear headrests if they are a kind of grey leather to match the two front ones I have. Do you know how I can find out exactly the colour of my interior, sounds daft but I don't know myself. What colour is the parcel shelf? I would prefer new door cards as it is difficult to evaluate how much better than my existing ones they will be. Have you any idea where I could purchase new? Where are you based?
Wait to hear,
Thanks

Please post a photo of your interior and I'll be able to tell you the colour description. New doorcards may be available from Audi, try @CreweAudi I've just tagged them so Tom may get back to you with a price.

It would probably be cheaper to have the old door cards retrimmed in black leather than buy brand new. That’s what we did on Adams car and they really look special. Personally I would take Steve’s second hand items for cheap and give it a go, if not we have a full set in the garage that are advertised in the for sale section.

Thanks Kleynie,
I am new to this I am afraid. Where is the for sale section? How much are your new front door cards?
Wait to hear
Thanks

Please post a photo of your interior and I'll be able to tell you the colour description. New doorcards may be available from Audi, try @CreweAudi I've just tagged them so Tom may get back to you with a price.
Thanks Steve,
Picture attached
Kind regards

Attachments

• IMG_3716.JPG
    IMG_3716.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
Thanks Steve,
Picture attached
Kind regards

That's a soul black interior with platinum nappa leather seats. It does however look in the photo that you have twist cream headrests fitted although this is quite likely to be the sunshine hitting it. I haven't got any spare platinum leather rear headrests and its likely to be quite a hard one to find. My rear parcel shelf in black will match the rest of your black interior.

It would probably be cheaper to have the old door cards retrimmed in black leather than buy brand new. That’s what we did on Adams car and they really look special. Personally I would take Steve’s second hand items for cheap and give it a go, if not we have a full set in the garage that are advertised in the for sale section.
Hi Kleynie, I am interested in the door cards. I need two black front ones for electric windows. Do you have and how much please?
Wait to hear
Thanks

Hi Kleynie, I am interested in the door cards. I need two black front ones for electric windows. Do you have and how much please?

Door cards come in two styles, those with rear electric windows and those without. Yours are obviously without.

Kleynie has a detailed listing for the set of door cards he has for sale, including clear pictures of all four cards. The convention here is that sales are negotiated in the marketplace, rather than the general section of the forum. As I've previously suggested, you need to upgrade your membership to view that listing. If you're having difficulty doing so, it's probably best to contact an Admin.

Back