Door mirrors

Only if the optional winter pack was specified when new, or someone retrofitted the heated mirrors at a later date.

Thanks for a quick reply,it looks as no it doesnt as there’s no winter pack...as an SE I thought it would have been fitted with a few extras,but alas no

Unfortunately the run out models were called special edition but more appropriate is stripped edition.
The good news is that Audi had a rush of blood to the head and decided to fit ALL A2s with the WIRING for heated door mirrors. So by buying the heated glass you can easily upgrade to heated door mirrors. They are switched by the heated rear window switch so no need to buy another switch.

Unfortunately the run out models were called special edition but more appropriate is stripped edition.
The good news is that Audi had a rush of blood to the head and decided to fit ALL A2s with the WIRING for heated door mirrors. So by buying the heated glass you can easily upgrade to heated door mirrors. They are switched by the heated rear window switch so no need to buy another switch.
I may do that thanks

Quite a simple job to do and very rewarding this time of year. Assuming your hands don't freeze while doing the job.

@John rich - An observation I’ve made from previous threads on this subject: do not bother with anything other than genuine Audi mirror glass - those generic ones on eBay will not fit or function as well, if at all.

@John rich - An observation I’ve made from previous threads on this subject: do not bother with anything other than genuine Audi mirror glass - those generic ones on eBay will not fit or function as well, if at all.
Do any other models use the same mirror glass or is it new audi parts only?

...as an SE I thought it would have been fitted with a few extras, but alas no
Audi do like to cause confusion. The SE was available until 2004. In this case, 'SE' means Special Equipment. A2 SE models came with climate control, front fog lights, illuminated vanity mirrors, protected door sills, the false floor boot, leather steering wheel / hand brake / gear stick, aluminium detailing, etc.
In 2005, as Audi prepared to cease production of the A2, all A2 models were replaced with the Special Edition. The Special Edition is not the same as the SE, despite the initials being the same. The Special Edition came with climate control and the Concert II CD player as standard, but otherwise the cars were assembled using whichever parts Audi had left, meaning many late-model A2s are quite basic in their specifications.

Throughout the A2's production run, none of the 'off the shelf' trim packages were especially high spec'. A vast majority of the optional extras available for the A2 (a sizeable list!) had to be selected as paid-for add-ons by the original purchaser. Very little was included as standard, partly because Audi made their profit on optional extras, and partly because the philosophy of the A2 was about weight-saving.

The upshot of all this is that I spend a lot of my days happily adding factory optional extras to A2s...

Cheers,

Tom

A word of caution when sourcing original mirror glass. The shape of the glass for LHD mirrors differs slightly from the RHD ones this is because they are designed to fit neatly when set at the correct angle for normal viewing from the drivers seat. They will install but the fit will look off. Many of the eBay sales will not even recognise this, I have tried a few!

So would a 2004 SE, not special edition also have the wiring in place? Would be a nice upgrade if possible.

They come up for sale in the Marketplace here from time to time, or a Wanted advert might turn up a pair, as has happened recently.

OEM always better, but as the aftermarket ones are far more affordable why not try those. Usually the problem with the aftermarket one is more to do with fit than function. You will want for a UK rhd car a convex mirror for the left and an aspherical or wide angle for the right side

right side here...

and from the same German seller the left but not convex, again aspherical...

Back