Door sill plates and Bose

Chris93

Hi guys i read in the spec book that se models get door sill plates to protect the sills, does anyone have a picture of these and the part number as i have scratched sills and could do with a set. Also i am thinking of retrofitting a bose amp and sub does anyone have pics of the toolkit area with the bose subwoofer in place and the relocated tools (under drivers floor) as i may need to retrofit these

Cheers
Chris

Sport model must have the sill protection spec'd as well cos they are on Ada. Must be self adhesive.

As to Bose - Skipton recently did a retrofit on our A2, the former tool kit area under the boot floor is replaced by the Bose subwoofer (its exactly the same shape as the polystyrene tool holder) theres a new tool holder you will have to buy for the cubby under the drivers footwell, and the Bose amp fits snugly behind this. Dont have any pics but I'll take some if you want to see an 'after' retrofit. PM if this is of interest (I'd recommend a search for 'Bose' on here as well - theres probably pictures on the site already) I cant recommend this mod highly enough - its transformed the sound inside the car.
Few pointers on the parts, you cant get the rear speaker grilles - (theyre discontinued) and you dont need to replace the Audi speakers - the factory ones are good enough( unless your car has no rear speakers originally)
I bought the amp on eBay, the rest came from Audi, and Skipton did the wiring looms and fitting. All round fantastic job that still came in at less money than the OEM factory fitted option for our 2004 car. If youre handy with electrics - go for it - if not, PM the Skip for guidance and a quote.:D

Last edited:
The sill protection strips are a black foil and are £5 each. I would imagine that you already have them fitted and depending on where the scratches are, they may or may not cover things up.

As Murdi says, get a Bose amp from the Bay firstly, get a sub from the dealers (around £170) and I'll do a loom and re-wire for you. If you were to get the amp from a dealer, you're looking at around£480, but pay around £80-100 for a used one from Germany.

The amp MUST be an A2 part and should have the mounting bracket attached.

Cheers,

Mike

Ok cheers for the help, will let you know when i have got hold of the amp and sub, will i have to buy the new tool kit for under the drivers footwell, had a look and cant imagine where it would go

Cheers
Chris

All you need to relocate the tools is a new foam holder, which is the most reasonable part of the kit list, costing around £8!!

It is specially shaped to take all the
Displaced tools from the boot and shoe-horn them into the drivers footwell around the Bose amp.

Cheers

Mike

Back