Drivers footwell carpet removal ?

LK79

Hi,

I need to get access to the steering rack connection point to remove the steering rack.

I took off the plastic trim but it now looks like the front carpet will need pulled back or removed.

Any tips on how to do this ? As after having a bit off a lever and pull at the plastic trim on the side and the foot rest, i felt like i was going to end up breaking something.

Thanks

It could be stuck under the clutch footrest or the bulge on the A-pillar trim. The footrest has one screw to undo in the middle of the vertical face. Then it slides diagonally up. The A-pillar trim is lifted gently starting from its join with the B-pillar trim in the drivers door opening, keep going in the same vertical plane, pivoting where it meets the fuse-box panel (as if it was a Lamborghini scissor-style door). Then it should just pull out.

It could be stuck under the clutch footrest or the bulge on the A-pillar trim. The footrest has one screw to undo in the middle of the vertical face. Then it slides diagonally up. The A-pillar trim is lifted gently starting from its join with the B-pillar trim in the drivers door opening, keep going in the same vertical plane, pivoting where it meets the fuse-box panel (as if it was a Lamborghini scissor-style door). Then it should just pull out.

Thanks for the tip, i managed to get it hauled back enough with just pushing up the foot rest, now looks like ill need to remove the subframe as i cant see any other way off getting the steering rack out.

Back