Dump Valve wiring

ECU-RS

Hi Everyone

I am currently fitting a dump valve to my 1.4tdi a2 does anyone know the color of the tps wire pinout on the ecu thanks

No help to your question, but how does a dump valve work on a diesel? When i tuned petrol engines, the dump valves were actuated by the difference in pressure when the throttle was closed, but i'm under the impression that diesels dont have a "throttle" as such.

Dump valves don't work on diesels. You are wasting your money and time. If you want more power from your TDi then get a re-map.

dump valves do work on tdis and the car is already mapped i just need to no the tps sensor wire color

Everyone to their own.
This is an extract from Diesel Bob's website--------------

DUMP VALVES

Although not a true tuning option these devices are now available for all engines fitted with a turbo charge including diesels. These devices release excess turbo boost pressure when it's not required i.e. When changing gear, which is often claimed to reduce turbo lag.

Pro’s
Everyone will know your coming.

Something to polish at the weekend

Con's
Makes the vehicle sounds like it has asthma or some serious bronchial problem.

WHO SHOULD BUY A DUMP VALVE?
The perfect companion to a performance filter (something else to polish)
Anyone wanting there vehicle to sound like it has asthma.

DOES DIESEL BOB TUNING OFFER DUMP VALVES?
NO!

I'll probably recognise the TPS sensor by another name. If you can clarify what this is and give the model year of your tdi, I'll try and sort out the wire colours.

Cheers Spike

Some discussion on dump valves from the Golf forum here - http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/29512/253448.aspx
Even Forge don't claim they improve performance in any way.....and they sell them!

Last edited:
do you have the ecu pinout its a 51 plate 1.4 tdi 75ps tps throttle position sensor
Audi call it (G79) accelerator pedal position sender.
There are 6 wires from the ECU to the G79

ecu pin 50 to G79 pin 3 wire colour brown / red
12 to pin 2 yellow / purple
69 to pin 4 yellow / blue
63 to pin 1 green
70 to pin 5 grey / yellow
51 to pin 6 brown / green

On the Forge dump valve kits they generally suggest you connect to the wire from ECU pin 69 on most VAG cars but you use any of this info at your own risk.

Cheers Spike

Oh dear!

Your last statement just goes to prove what you were after all along - an A2 that sounds like it's got a sqirrel lodged in the engine somewhere!

You will get NO extra performance from a dump valve on a diesel A2 and you may even cause damage to the engine - Audi designed the air intake system in a very precise way and you've just mucked things up!

Have fun and when it breaks, see a dealership for help!

Cheers,

Mike

Agreed Mike and as i stated above, and what would I know about diesels having only owned 30 in the past 23 years..... including some very high performance highly tuned diesels built by BTCC teams....

Speaking of diesels has anyone seen the new bmw 6 cylinder unit, 3 litres two turbos and 306hp with 600nm of torque now thats an engine!! amazing, now how can i fit that in the a2, who needs a boot anyway!!

Chris

A blow-off valve (BOV), dump valve or compressor bypass valve (CBV), is a pressure release system present in most turbocharged engines. Its main purpose is to take the load off the turbocharger when the throttle is suddenly closed.

is above true or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone getting a little sensitive about the fact someone asks for a little information about their car.....Note....Their Car!....
Its similar to the Brexit debate...... people trying to force their personal view on someone else who may not share the same view .....and then have the cheek to say they know best........
If the guy wants to fit a blow off/dump valve its his choice........and if it doesn't work or causes damage what the heck, we all have to learn one way or another.........just let people live their own life
OK people rant over..........normal service will now resume
Oh and if anyone feels I'm out of line please put your views here and not hide behind the mods.............I'm very thick skinned and a big boy so I wont take it to heart

Why is everyone getting a little sensitive about the fact someone asks for a little information about their car.....Note....Their Car!....
Its similar to the Brexit debate...... people trying to force their personal view on someone else who may not share the same view .....and then have the cheek to say they know best........
If the guy wants to fit a blow off/dump valve its his choice........and if it doesn't work or causes damage what the heck, we all have to learn one way or another.........just let people live their own life
Oh and if anyone feels I'm out of line please put your views here and not hide behind the mods.............I'm very thick skinned and a big boy so I wont take it to heart
i thought that i have a blow of valve on my 75hp but its just quiet ...... my 2.0 tdi a3 had it and my 2.5touareg has it and my tt had it

Please no brexit here! I’m quite sure it’s banned anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also the person above reopened a 9 year old thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only thing that i can think of why they havent fitted a dump on a2 is that the turbo is too small and doesnt create that much boost, my a3 2.0tdi had it standard, it wasnt loud but you can deninately hear it

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing that i can think of why they havent fitted a dump on a2 is that the turbo is too small and doesnt create that much boost, my a3 2.0tdi had it standard, it wasnt loud but you can deninately hear it

This is exactly it - there is a little auxilary pipe from the intake right after intercooler that goes around the front of car (probably a bit under a meter long) presumably for exact same purpose, but as the turbo is not large and boost is not really that high it is enough to do the job of stopping that pressure back lash otherwise you'd be hearing dolphin sounds from your turbo every time you lift your foot off the pedal when on boost.

Could remove that and install a blow off valve there but really doubt there would be any benefit or even much of a noise unless you install a larger turbo with more boost.

Why is everyone getting a little sensitive about the fact someone asks for a little information about their car

Nobody (apart from yourself) is getting sensitive. This was a thread from nine years ago, where the OP was given the exact information he was after in a matter of hours.

I've no idea whatever why @laimis chose to resurrect the thread, perhaps he could give us an explanation.

This is exactly it - there is a little auxilary pipe from the intake right after intercooler that goes around the front of car (probably a bit under a meter long) presumably for exact same purpose, ...

are you talking about the blind-ended plastic tube that runs around the metal frame above the headlights? If this is some kind of resonance damper for the intake airflow as suggested above (if I've understood it) it would answer a very longstanding question that came up when @timmus & @cheechy were at mine a few weeks back.

Back