Egr valve issue

Davidkinton

I’m having problems with an erratic throttle response in my 1.4 AUA engined A2. It seems to stick every so often. I’ve cleaned the throttle body and egr valve to no avail. I recharged the battery last night to eliminate that. On restarting I’ve now got the epc/abs/asr lights on and the tick over is bouncing up and down. I unplugged the egr valve and all seems well. I’ve checked the egr pipe for air leaks and it’s fine. My questions are, is it ok to drive with the valve unplugged, and do I need a new egr valve? Fault code reads fuel trim bank 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m having problems with an erratic throttle response in my 1.4 AUA engined A2. It seems to stick every so often. I’ve cleaned the throttle body and egr valve to no avail. I recharged the battery last night to eliminate that. On restarting I’ve now got the epc/abs/asr lights on and the tick over is bouncing up and down. I unplugged the egr valve and all seems well. I’ve checked the egr pipe for air leaks and it’s fine. My questions are, is it ok to drive with the valve unplugged, and do I need a new egr valve? Fault code reads lean on bank 1.

Did you recalibrate the EGR and throttle body after cleaning? It does sound like an EGR issue, you can drive without it but it won’t drive well and will throw errors.

Did you recalibrate the EGR and throttle body after cleaning? It does sound like an EGR issue, you can drive without it but it won’t drive well and will throw errors.

I don’t have VCDS so I just disconnected the battery for a while. Everything seemed to settle down, but then after disconnecting the battery to recharge it, it seems much worse. The dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree and the idle is very erratic. Fault code is fuel trim bank 1.

Last edited:
Back