Emissions / Exhaust Parts

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
Anyone solved the problem of finding good quality Exhaust System Parts and Catalytic Converters that last for more than just 1 MOT Test please ? Our MOT time will be upon us again soon. We usually get a Fail on Emissions, only fixed by fitting one or both new aftermarket Catalytic Converters. They always only last until just after the 12 month warranty expires. I have managed to buy a Good ( hopefully ) Used Genuine Manifold Cat. from a Low Mileage A2 that suffered a Cam Belt failure. Rob at WOM Automotive has been looking for a complete Good Genuine Used Audi System for the last 12 months without success so far.

We have the same problem, my daughters A2 failed the MOT on the rear cat and I can’t find any makes I know. I would have liked a good used Audi item, or an Ernst item, but nothing available.
We fitted one to Adams A2 in 2017 from EuroCarParts, it was £100 and has lasted, but they don’t seem to do them anymore.
Ian

How about this company:

The original exhaust system on my 1.2Tdi seems to be stainless throughout; this allowed the use of thinner material, thus saving weight.

RAB

How about this company:

Profision Custom dot com

The original exhaust system on my 1.2Tdi seems to be stainless throughout; this allowed the use of thinner material, thus saving weight.
Your suggestion of a stainless exhaust is a good one. But there are better options than Profusion. I used Infinity Exhausts https://www.infinity-exhausts.co.uk/ three years ago, and posted in some detail about my experience on this forum.

Profusion were one of the companies I contacted ahead of getting my system built. They were non-committal when I asked whether or not they manufactured their own silencers, so the conversation pretty much ended there.

What sort of costs are we talking about for the stainless steel option?
I paid £700 all in for my exhaust in 2018. That was a full exhaust, including the flexi and the second cat. I wrote my experience up here:

Back