EML on and now engine won't start

Hi Guys,
Recently bought an A2 (1.4SE) for my girlfriend, on Sunday the EML came on and the engine started stuttering, was supposed to take it to a garage this morning but now the car won't start! Heard that coil packs can be an issue but have no idea where to find it?
Any advice appreciated, apologise if this is the wrong way to go about asking for help since this is my first time on a forum!!
Thanks in advance

If the coil packs were an issue, it can be detected as cylinder misfiring in the diagnostics. How is the car not starting? Turning and not catching? It could be a number of things but unusual for all coil packs to die together causing it not to fire up. It can be the crank sensor, dead battery. I'd start with measuring the battery voltage with nothing running. Then check the earthing under the A-pillar cover. Then plug a VCDS or diagnostic cable to get the fault codes, which you probably need a mobile mechanic or trailer the car to your nearest garage.

Cheers humps,
It seems to not be catching, it also seems like there's plenty of battery power, no lights dim on the dash and it just seems like nothing is firing when it's trying to turn-over! Got a mobile mechanic coming out tomorrow morning so hopefully he'll be able to sort it out and it's nothing too expensive?!
Thanks for the reply and I'll post the results in case anyone else has similar problems.

if electrically it is sound and the engine turns, perhaps check the fuel supply? clogged fuel filter?

Back