Engine bay clean 1.6 fsi

A2 Louis

Banned
@Special edition please move the thread if I’ve put it in the wrong section. I do apologise if In wrong section

Hi all I’m thinking of cleaning the engine bay on Boris I was just wondering is there any tips what cleaner I should use? Can I use a pressure washer? And is there any areas I shouldn’t get wet ? Also should I disconnect the battery?

Thanks everyone :)

I must admit that I was thinking of doing this also, but I guess that with the sensitivities of the FSI, people have been a bit wary. I don't think I would dare use a pressure washer. A steam cleaner possibly, but I'd be very wary of where I went with it.
Sorry I haven't been much help

I must admit that I was thinking of doing this also, but I guess that with the sensitivities of the FSI, people have been a bit wary. I don't think I would dare use a pressure washer. A steam cleaner possibly, but I'd be very wary of where I went with it.
Sorry I haven't been much help
I’m thinking of leaving it up to my once a year vallet guy as he will definitely know what he’s doing. I have a feeling if I go to wash the engine bay when I next turn the car on the dash will light up like a Christmas tree ???

Ps. Don’t use a pressure washer. Water resistance for components has to be higher to deal with directed high pressure jets of water and I suspect our cars won’t be specced for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you clean your engine bay?
I'm about to give a try but if it's too risky I would leave it.
No I’ve not cleaned the engine bay yet as I’ve been super busy with project Doris :) All I’d say is if you use water put some water in a spray bottle and spray it on don’t use a pressure washer or hose as it will get into places you don’t want it:)

No I’ve not cleaned the engine bay yet as I’ve been super busy with project Doris :) All I’d say is if you use water put some water in a spray bottle and spray it on don’t use a pressure washer or hose as it will get into places you don’t want it:)
Thanks for the tip.

I've used a hose with low pressure before, it's good for getting dust off. As already stated, beware of where you direct the water though everything is specced to cope with rain/splashing.
I'll be doing this again soon before refitting a new undertray to our blue storm as it appears to have been missing for some time (previous owner). I'll post before and after pics on the Project Bo thread(although I have started the cleanup already).

Back