Engine warning light. Codes without odbii reader

thestable

A mate of mine says there is a way of manually recovering fault codes through lights or beeps flashing to get the numbers.

Anyone know how to do this??

Engine light has just come on and I’m in Buxton and reader is in kent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to speak out of turn, but I think this is an urban myth. With a few other Audi models of a similar generation it was possible to make the climate control unit go into a service mode that would return information otherwise only available through a reader / VCDS, but the one in the A2 does not have that facility and doesn't respond to the magic combination of key presses that would be effective in a 4B A6 (for instance). Do you have any other info (which engine, what other symptoms etc.)?

It’s a 1.4

It’s been driving fine. On the journey The epc light came on and so did the engine light. I switched off the engine and back on again. Epc light went out. Engine light remained.

Think it perhaps might be a misfire or sensor error.

Typical I left me reader at home. It normally lives in the car.

This was the way back In the eighties , the likes of golf GTI’s & Audi 200 etc would flash the fault code relating to problem
Prior to OBD2 ports early fuse boxes has 2 connectors to plug the early vw device into ,
Ross-Tech still make the adaptor!

Cheers
Keith.

Ok cheers folks.

On the way to get a reader from a shop. I noticed the light was now off again.

Very strange.

Some fault codes clear the mil light after a number of restarts if the fault is not seen again. Usually 10

Back