Exhaust Rear and Middle 1.6 FSI

A2ALI

Hi. Having a real struggle finding anyone (in Norwich) able to replace the rear and middle sections of the exhaust on my 1.6 FSI. Either can't do it at all, genuine Audi parts only which are very expensive. Can I get them online? don't know exactly what I am looking for in getting the right thing. Anyone know where I can go in East Anglia, any other options, second hand etc... Any help appreciated! Only 3 weeks left to the MOT...

Hi. Having a real struggle finding anyone (in Norwich) able to replace the rear and middle sections of the exhaust on my 1.6 FSI. Either can't do it at all, genuine Audi parts only which are very expensive. Can I get them online? don't know exactly what I am looking for in getting the right thing. Anyone know where I can go in East Anglia, any other options, second hand etc... Any help appreciated! Only 3 weeks left to the MOT...
How much was the Audi price? Looking on eBay you wouldn’t get much change from £250 on a used part , for new I think the other options are custom made at around £6-800 depending on what you do with the cat’s.

Last edited:
Buying a used system is likely to be a short-term fix at best, given that they will likely have internal corrosion. Best to go with new parts.

Quote for REAR silencer and sleeve ONLY from Audi including parts, labour and VAT £410.63.
Part is available in Germany and would take approx 10 days. Would require parts payment upfront for the silencer (£317.47)

Only found out from National Tyres this morning that the middle needs doing as well, They can't get parts.

Halford...nothing, Kwick fit...nothing, Wilco...nothing... National...nothing, F1 Auto centre...nothing

I don't know just advised middle as well as the rear this morning. I know zero about cars, the catalytic converter was replaced this year

@
Halford...nothing, Kwick fit...nothing, Wilco...nothing... National...nothing, F1 Auto centre...nothing
Correct, there is no standard pattern part for this in the UK.
So it’s
Buy used = cheapest option but will be a gamble and a faff
Get custom made = maybe cheaper then Audi and should last longer
Go Audi = most expensive but probably quieter.

are these them:

I stand corrected (see @steve_c comment below). In your first link the £134 back box is listed as being for your 1.6 FSI
I have searched on here and I can’t see anybody using these parts in the past, would be worth dropping them a line and confirming A they exist and B they will fit your car.

Last edited:

You're going to the wrong sort of places. Powerflow in Norwich can build you a system (or part system) in stainless. If your rear cat has already been replaced you can have a cat back system.

I'm in Norwich and I preferred to go to a single business elsewhere to get a stainless system for my 1.4; Powerflow are a franchise operation and the quality of the work varies between outlets:

The people I went to quoted me £350 last year for a cat back system; Powerflow may well be a bit cheaper than that.

@

Correct, there is no standard pattern part for this in the UK.
So it’s
Buy used = cheapest option but will be a gamble and a faff
Get custom made = maybe cheaper then Audi and should last longer
Go Audi = most expensive but probably quieter.

Klarius supply all the correct parts for a 1.6 FSI exhaust in the UK, if the OP prefers ready made.

Here's their link (but you may need to be logged in:

Thank you Steve! another option I wouldn't have considered at all! Just phoned Powerflow and made an appt.

Thank you Steve! another option I wouldn't have considered at all! Just phoned Powerflow and made an appt.
I'd encourage you to emphasise to Powerflow that you want the exhaust to be as quiet as they can make it. And also to be careful with the A2 due to the Aluminium Space Frame which requires considerate handling.
The Norwich branch has a lot of good reviews on Facebook, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Going 8am tomorrow for a measure up to get a quote. Yelverton VW Audi garage also just came back with nothing...

Having suggested Powerflow in Norwich as an option, I have just revisited their Facebook page. Most of their reviews I remember from a couple of years ago have vanished, and one of the three customers who currently have reviews listed is not happy, to put it mildly. So I suggest that @A2ALI is cautious about committing to having his exhaust done there without suitable due diligence.

Last edited:
Back