Exterior B-Pillar Covers

TFG

A2OC Donor
Can anyone tell me if the external (black) B-pillar covers on the A2 are aluminium or plastic? I'm looking for somewhere to hide a Pure DAB aerial and was wondering if I might be able to squeeze it inside one of the covers. If they're aluminium though, that's probably not a good idea.

They are aluminium pal...sorry!

Mmmm. Thought as much when I was looking at them yesterday. Is the boot spoiler also aluminium? Does that little gap between the bottom edge of the tailgate glass and the facet/ledge of the painted tailgate (above the Audi 4 rings) go anywhere, or can it be got to by removing trim panels from inside the tailgate? Questions, questions.....

Fitting a decent, amplified DAB aerial to an A2 with OSS is a real head-scratcher. They don't make it easy, do they?! o_O

There might be room behind the number plate panel on the rear hatch - that's plastic, and removable.

Edit - just taken a couple of shots since I have that panel off my breaker. Looks like there is some space towards the top at either side of the well for the plate.
Photo1293.jpgPhoto1292.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TFG
I doubt it will work behind the number plate panel. Roof is the best option.
...yes, but you can't mount an amplified aerial anywhere on the roof, with OSS. Through-glass isn't working very well around here.

Just out of interest, where does (did) Audi mount their aerial for OEM GPS?

You can drill the glass with a diamond tile cutter.

The OEM GPS aerial is behind the dash I believe.

Back