False Floor Information Required

KIBOURED

Hi, I have a false floor kit, I have removed the inner linings but there are no locating hole, all I see is some sound deadening mastic material. I dare say the bolt holes are underneath this but for the life of me I can't see how this frame fixes. Does anyone have and photos of the frame in place. Any help appreciated. Rich

ChrisA2

Banned
Hi, I have a false floor kit, I have removed the inner linings but there are no locating hole, all I see is some sound deadening mastic material. I dare say the bolt holes are underneath this but for the life of me I can't see how this frame fixes. Does anyone have and photos of the frame in place. Any help appreciated. Rich
hiya rich, the holes are around 6 inches from the floor If it has any.
Not sure if they all came with false floor holes or it was just the higher spec ones.

spike

Some info in these old threads - https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/retrofitting-false-floor.25564/post-201677
One of the posts in the second thread indicates the rail mounting holes are hidden by a layer of bitumen sound deadening material which needs to be removed

Cheers Spike

I carried out this refit to my sport 90 Tdi , a couple of the fixing points can be seen when you offer up the floor mounting bracket to the car body , using the bracket as a template allows you to find the position of the others , which are behind the bitumen material

None of the fixing positions on my car had the threaded inserts in place , so installed m6 revnuts into the holes in the body work

regards mark