Fan control switch

HUWS66

Hi My switch on my blower only works on full ie number IIII on the dial I have tried another fan still the same problem, power to the connections behind the switch are live cleaned the connections any advice welcome thanks

Hi My switch on my blower only works on full ie number IIII on the dial I have tried another fan still the same problem, power to the connections behind the switch are live cleaned the connections any advice welcome thanks

Assuming you don't have climate control, there is a series resistor for the fresh air blower which could be faulty. Its located in the pollen filter housing, adjacent to the blower motor. Removal of the glovebox is needed for access

Cheers Spike

Has anyone ever been successful in remedying this? Mine has just started playing up exactly as described in this post from 10 years ago!

Manual heating indeed does have a resistor pack in the area of the pollen filter. Climate has a large block with cooling fins in a similar area. Yes changing the resistor pack will work as long as the blower motor is not partially seized up. Clean the bearings first and check how freely it spins. Reconnect it but with the hamsters cage out of the housing and watch what it does when someone else moves the speed switch while you firmly hold the blower making sure nothing touches the spinning cage. If still only partial speed control change the resistor pack.

Yes quite easy to get hold of. Try ebay or Amazon. They are fitted to other cars also. Do a google search. Prices do vary depending on make and supplier.

Back