Fault Codes - Plagued By Engine Management Light

CAHILAN1

I have been plagued by the dreaded engine management light on my 17 year old 1.4 AUA petrol se,
I’ve had it scanned and it’s coming up with the following;

Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air Bank 1 Range 1 System Too Lean P1151
EGR System Excessive Flow P0402

I’ve had the car since 3 months old and throughout that time I’ve been plagued with engine management issues,
In the past I’ve had problems with hunting / unstable idling + pinking under load,
It’s had a throttle body clean, new pierburg egr valve and recently front + rear NGK lambda sensors,
I now run it on Shell V Power too,
I have spent a lot of money, the car is running better than ever with no signs of the previous problems but still the warning light persists after being reset,

Can anyone offer a solution please?

Thanks

I have been plagued by the dreaded engine management light on my 17 year old 1.4 AUA petrol se,
I’ve had it scanned and it’s coming up with the following;

Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air Bank 1 Range 1 System Too Lean P1151
EGR System Excessive Flow P0402

I’ve had the car since 3 months old and throughout that time I’ve been plagued with engine management issues,
In the past I’ve had problems with hunting / unstable idling + pinking under load,
It’s had a throttle body clean, new pierburg egr valve and recently front + rear NGK lambda sensors,
I now run it on Shell V Power too,
I have spent a lot of money, the car is running better than ever with no signs of the previous problems but still the warning light persists after being reset,

Can anyone offer a solution please?

Thanks
Old thread maybe useful.

Air leak is the most likely cause with a long term trim showing lean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, my mechanic has fixed a very slight air leak and cleared the codes, let’s see if the light will stay off

I had the same error. 17559/P1151 fault code came up every few hundred miles - but strangely it has failed to return lately.

I have tempted fate now!

Back