• Stay

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Go

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
What is it coming to is it not F1 or what, i thought this was the top of the sport if we wanted all the teams to be the same we would watch A1.

Yes Ferrari was winning everything but so are Man U but you don't see them having to cut costs or any in the premiership (not into football) but thats the hole point of having a stage series as your team grows and you get more money you move up till you get to the top then you go for the big boys just like Brawn have done this year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8044860.stm

Ferrari doesn't really need F1. They have established such a brand leaving F1 will not make a single impact on their car sales. I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Mad Max and Bernie for a start. It is just not right to have a 2-tier system. But may be at £40M, Dave Richards will enter with Pro Drive :)

Going by current form, Ferrari threatening to leave carries about as much weight as Toyota threatening the same last year. Some also ran with an apalling spend/results ratio leaves the sport. Wow. F1 is showing prospects for moving on to becoming an interesting sport again. If doing this without Ferrari is the way to achieve it then so be it.

Ferrari have held F1 to ransom with this threat for too long. They're just throwing their toys out of the pram again. Let them go and good blummen riddance, I say. I hope Max calls their bluff. He won't, of course...

Going by current form, Ferrari threatening to leave carries about as much weight as Toyota threatening the same last year. Some also ran with an apalling spend/results ratio leaves the sport....

Not quite, Ferrari is the only team that started every race since the begining of F1 and various reports point to about 1/3 of people watching F1 are ferrari fans. It would be like EPL without ManU. F1 will survive, but it will be different.

With the most recent form, McLaren is the worst spend/performance ratio team and they don't have a core business to justify their existence! If Ferrari leaves, it makes the bean counters at Toyota and BMW think, and I imagine Renault too (unless the fat bloke buys it). Speaking of which, Brawn didn't get a good car without Honda's previous unlimited budget, they have 2 wind tunnels (full size + scaled) and rented a 3rd, all the equipments you can imagine, hired the best team manager in the business and employed 700 people to make this year's car. Ferrari's current failure is simple, they didn't let Ross Brawn take over!

Bernie takes 50% profits of the race and tv deals and that's just not right. If they want to reduce cost, let the teams share 90% to start with!

F1 MUST NOT be allowed to become a two tier championship under ANY circumstances. The SAME rules must apply to ALL teams. I fthat means a 40 mil cap and Ferrari walk away then so be it.

HOWEVER, the playing field must be level for all. Everyone has to have (or not) the cap.

Going by current form, Ferrari threatening to leave carries about as much weight as Toyota threatening the same last year. Some also ran with an apalling spend/results ratio leaves the sport. Wow. F1 is showing prospects for moving on to becoming an interesting sport again. If doing this without Ferrari is the way to achieve it then so be it.

Maybe so, but what if Ferrari and other big players leave F1 only to setup an alternative to F1? This would create some welcome competition to the current F1 with real money and branding which could eventually even displace F1. That would be really interesting, but I suspect Bernie wouldn't want to take a risk on this happening. It would be too good for his pockets!

It really is time for bernie & mad Max to retire between them they are destroying the sport, I think the idea Ross Brawn touched on sounded good that have a budget cap for everyone albeit higher than 40million but basically let the engineers do what they want within that budget .

Next years teams have 7 days to register starting on the 22nd of May. Currently Renault, Toyota, Ferrari and Red Bull (+Toro Rosso) are un happy with the spend cap rule. So the F1 grid could be empty come next season.

The Mad Max and Bernie show is driving this sport into the ground, and they should be taken outside and...... well you get my drift!

Either it is "the pinnacle of car technology" or it is not. It can't be both at the same time.

But if it does get cheaper maybe we could enter a A2OC team :D I will volunteer to hold the lollipop ;) Now who fancies driving???

Cheers,

David

Back