Fitting a TT Votex boot spoiler?

ICowie

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if it's possible to adapt a TT Votex boot spoiler to fit a A2? I seen one advertised as a Votex rear spoiler. I was preparing myself to sell one of my kidneys to get my hands on it. It looked very similar in the photo to a A2 spoiler but when I messaged the guy he replied saying it came off a TT :( Gutted!

This got me thinking, could this be adapted to fit or anyone had a go at this before?

Thanks

The A2 Rear Spoiler slotted over the original. If this fits the same way then I suspect trimming to suit the curvature of the rear window would be the most work.
Maybe wprth getting the vendor to ping you sone dimensions, especially width inside the end caps to enable a better assessment for fit.

Hi,

I have a mk1 TT so I have had a look at the spoiler. Unfortunately I don't think it will work as the two spoilers are both quite different in size and shape.

At the largest point:

TT 96cm x 11cm

A2 (regular size) 101cm x 15cm

The shape is also quite different as the A2 spoiler is almost straight where it attaches to the glass where as the leading edge of the TT spoiler is very curved. The clincher though is that the TT spoiler is much smaller and so would not cover the larger A2 spoiler:

regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that useful info. It confirms what I was suspecting after comparing photos of the two. The angles they sit at looks completely different, the only thing I couldn't figure out in the photos was the difference in lengths but you've confirmed that's a no go either.

Well thanks again, you've just saved me £200 and a load of disappointment :D

Thanks
Iain

Back