Fitting False Floor.

PlasticMac

United-Kingdom
Hi,
Just about to start to retrofit false floor (thanks @Clackers & @A2Steve ).
To remove existing boot side trims (and fit new). do I need to remove the lower grey plastic trim that runs around the back edge of the door shut and down under the seat?
If so, is it a rears seats out job?
Here's pics of the boot side trim fixings I am asking about, and the plastic trim that covers them..
Mac.

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_163102134.jpg
    IMG_20210821_163102134.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • PXL_20210821_152504650 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210821_152504650 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
As Steve says, yes, and yes. A false floor retrofit starts with the removal of the rear seats. To remove the boot trim panels, you first need to remove the lower C-pillar trims.

Cheers,

Tom

I can get the existing boot trim panels out without any problem by leaving the load hooks in situ. However, removing the load hooks (and their covers, obviously) helps massively with the installation of the replacement panels, so you might as well do it now and make your life easy.

The rear carpet can stay in place.

Cheers,

Tom

I can get the existing boot trim panels out without any problem by leaving the load hooks in situ. However, removing the load hooks (and their covers, obviously) helps massively with the installation of the replacement panels, so you might as well do it now and make your life easy.

The rear carpet can stay in place.

Cheers,

Tom
Great, it looked like that with the loops and their trim out of the way, the side trims could be lifted and rotated, once the clips were free.
Thanks again.
Mac.

Back