Fluids Access Bonnet Flap

Malli

I have a 51 Reg which has the shiny gloss (fluids access) flap on the bonnet, the later models have a louvered type flat. Does anyone know if they can be swapped?

(Relatively) easy swap out. I think there are some instructions on the technical mods section of the forum. I also believe @A2Steve has a nice one for sale on the Marketplace - if not I think I may have one as well...

Yes but you have to also swap the chrome surround and I think the bolts fit the other way round to secure it.

(Relatively) easy swap out. I think there are some instructions on the technical mods section of the forum. I also believe @A2Steve has a nice one for sale on the Marketplace - if not I think I may have one as well...
The one Steve had is sold. Have you got one? I couldn't find those instructions in technical mods?

If not I have one available in mint condition from memory will need to check tonight
Pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer the clean one. Please take a look and let me know.
I thought you'd got the smooth grille already, and wanted to change.
Each to there own of course, but I think the general consensus here is that the later flap is less attractive than the original design.

Sorry to cause any confusion! I’m after the one that went on 2003+ cars. The original is the plain glossy black and 2003+ is a matt louvred type.

Back