FNS brake wear wiring.

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
A rhetorical question perhaps. The last four A2s I have dealt with all have butchered FNS brake wear wiring. Why?

Steering movement and aging wears/breaks the wiring loom Simon which is a regular occurrence. New looms are probably around £70 now which makes for an expensive fix. Owners/garages may not be aware of the cheaper options available hence the "butchering" of the wires.

A good proportion will be down to lack of care when changing pads.

Also corrosion. When I cut into the loom in the engine compartment I could not believe the corrosion on the yellow earth wire, there must be something in the nature of this circuit, the ABS wires were pristine.

Andy

In the past I have thought this too, in fact I went as far as stripping back the wires to see how far the corrosion went..to help me in the future replacing the cables...I was staggered to see that it actually went as far as the bulkhead before pristine copper could be found. This may have been a one off, but this must have travelled all the way from the sensor end of the cable. I now suggest replacing well into the engine bay for longevity of the task in hand.

Back