Foam Toolkit Removal

p1lyp

I have a 2001 TDi with a three pieces of foam for the jack, toolkit & goo respectively. The jack one just lifts out but the square one with the brace doesn't want to come out voluntarily and I don't want to damage anything. Is there a knack to it? TIA

I have a 2001 TDi with a three pieces of foam for the jack, toolkit & goo respectively. The jack one just lifts out but the square one with the brace doesn't want to come out voluntarily and I don't want to damage anything. Is there a knack to it? TIA
While not having this arrangement I have seen it commented that you have to remove the the large trim item on the boot upstand. Three screws covered by caps and release bottom of rubber seal around the boot opening and wriggle it.

Andy

The square foam tool holder should just lift right out by the strap that goes across the top of the tools. It's the one at the back for the tyre goo that can be difficult to get out without removing the boot rear trim - but not impossible, with a bit of a twist as well as a pull to the right and upwards.

Thanks for the advice Andrew & Prog. I gave it a good tug today and it came loose. It had been stuck to the tray with blobs of black mastic!

Back