Information Found Some Horses

jamfit

Today I found some more horses. 1.6fsi now circa 80hp (up from 50) after fitting a thermostat ...ecu was reading open thermo circuit ...couldn't figure out why so removed housing to find no thermostat ha!
Hoping remaining horses will appear once I've found a way to replace manifold position sensor (is this even possible).

Hi,

As to your question I assume you mean the intake flap potentiometer G336. Of course it can be replaced but before that rabbit hole why do think it needs replacing?

Curious to know how you arrived at your BHP figures and doubt a possible faulty G336 is the source of your large lack of BHP, experience suggests flap problems do not impact greatly on performance.

Andy

Here are the power figures for the 1.6 FSI

Maximum power - Output - Horsepower :​
110 PS or 109 bhp or 81 kW @ 5800 rpm
So perhaps you are talking about kW and not BHP.

Hi,

As to your question I assume you mean the intake flap potentiometer G336. Of course it can be replaced but before that rabbit hole why do think it needs replacing?

Curious to know how you arrived at your BHP figures and doubt a possible faulty G336 is the source of your large lack of BHP, experience suggests flap problems do not impact greatly on performance.

Hi,

Andy
Thanks for changing post title. Hp figures an experienced guess. Obd2 says no signal from G336, flaps moving correctly, no other fault reports so assuming replacing sensor will fix power loss. ...or maybe throttle needs recalibration??

All meaningless until we see a VCDS full scan that we can understand. The A2 is different so all your mates unless they have experience with these cars are pretty much useless.

Thanks for changing post title. Hp figures an experienced guess. Obd2 says no signal from G336, flaps moving correctly, no other fault reports so assuming replacing sensor will fix power loss. ...or maybe throttle needs recalibration??
Not me who changed the title I have no Admin rights, assumed it was you, (a thread originator can).

Your reply helps, thanks. Next question, how do you know the flaps are moving correctly? I genuinely would like to be enlightened.

In the meantime you may be interested in manually testing G336, data in post number 136 as well as the many posts around it being relevant.

Andy

Back